Parque Temaiken

aymaeda

Registered
Hola,

Can anyone tell me the best way to get to Parque Temaiken if we do not own a car or have a driver's license?

Thank you,

Angela

You want to take the bus that says VAMOS A TEMAIKEN. It is a semi-rapido. Don't take the train as it is dangerous. Temaiken is spectacular in every way. There are even first class restaurants on the premeses. It is the best "zoo" in Latin America.

"sergio" said:
You want to take the bus that says VAMOS A TEMAIKEN. It is a semi-rapido. Don't take the train as it is dangerous. Temaiken is spectacular in every way. There are even first class restaurants on the premeses. It is the best "zoo" in Latin America.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAOh yes, do NOT! take the train it's so so SO very very dangerous. HAHA

Ye, what is so dangerous about the train????????????
It would be hard to fall out of the windows since they have bars on them, and they are only there because the kids like to throw a rock or 2 at the windows.

I too have been told not to take the train as it is dangerous. Fortunately I am too stupid to accept advice. I have thouroughly enjoyed my train journeys, there is always an armed guard and the entertainment provided by all the sellers on them more than makes up for the six pesos return (for two) I usually pay.

I did not say to avoiud ALL trains. I said not to take the train to Escobar. I did it recently with two Argentine friends and we were quite nervous. The station in Escobar is in a bad neighborhod. The passengers are very poor and if you look more prosperous you will really stand out. There is crime on bad train lines like this, believe me. It´s not the same as the line to Tigre which is safe. Some of the readers here are unbelievably sarcastic. Any word of advice, meant to help expats avoid trouble, is met with hostility if it does not praise Argentine to the skies. As I said, TEMAIKEN is superb in every way. Take the bus.

I was warned off the train to Pilar (also by a local) Most of the people were very poor, and there were many beggers on the train, but as I said there was an armed guard all the way.
The best advice, as always, is dress down, do nothing to make yourself stand out, and keep your rolex hidden.:rolleyes:
If you must give anything to the beggers then 25 or 50 centivos (ten donations of 50c and they are at minimum wage level) Give more and you stand out as an extrajero with too much money.
But as I say we pass through many very poor areas and the station is not in the most salubrious district, but I never felt threatened.
Words of advice are always welcome, but they should be advice to help enjoy this wonderful city, not put people off experiencing its best sites.

I have taken these trains many times and they do look a little dangerous but the poor people are probably not criminals, just poor and they are nice and helpful.

Back