Passionate Argentinos, Producer Of Fangio And The Affluents

Hopefully, my friend will get his restored soon, and I will get to go for a ride in it.
And, I guarantee you, more Portenos will wave and smile as we drive by than would ever do so if you had an LFA.
When I drive around with him in his Isetta, another car that goes way back in the hearts of Argentines, the reaction by passersby is amazing- everybody loves Isettas here. Meanwhile, nobody beyond teenage boys much cares when that distinguished gray-haired gentleman cruises thru Palermo in his Carrera Turbo Convertible.
You are absolutely correct. That old school stuff has it's place in the hearts and minds of those who remember and care. In fact it used to be a good business to zip over to Uruguay and buy a few classics that were just sitting in barns. Restore them and sell them on the international market for large margins. Not any more. It's hell getting them out of AR, it's hell getting them into AR and it's hell importing parts to do a proper frame off restoration. Enjoy your friends car.

Back