Paying in advance the full one year rental contract.

Surprise 🙈

After the run around 4 days ,,,,
They don't accept 12 month one full year prepaid in advance Cash.

Rejected.

Amazing ,,, No?

And now she doesn't want to re-deposit my reserva into my bank account. She wants me to go personally to sign a paper. She received my depósit through a bank transfer. She did not sign nothing for me. Apprehensive ,,,, thinking could be a physical trap.

Strange people.

Bank transfers made under fraudulent pretexts can generally be reversed. A police report helps expedite things.

not really. too many empty properties right now. issue is that they dont trust no one..but its the argentines who are the problematic tenants not the foreigners.
@Ceviche ,,,, it suddenly occurred to me ,,,,,, now I know exactly what you mean.

For the landlord:
Canadian + DNI = Argentine (legally)
Canadian + passport = foreigner (legally)

I missed an excellent opportunity for an exceptional apartment ,,,, but for my future apartment search I will never use DNI ,,,, live and learn.

Last edited:
@Ceviche ,,,, it suddenly occurred to me ,,,,,, now I know exactly what you mean.

For the landlord:
Canadian + DNI = Argentine (legally)
Canadian + passport = foreigner (legally)

I missed an excellent opportunity for an exceptional apartment ,,,, but for my future apartment search I will never use DNI ,,,, live and learn.
Sorry to hear that, what are you looking for exactly, if I may ask? ( curious )

I thought i could tag on this thread instead of starting a new one . I am going to try to rent an apt on my own instead of relying on my sister-in-law to rent it for me and her property as security. My question is anybody renting using their social security as proof of income and without a property to put up as security. I have started looking into it and just my ss payment doesn't look large enough to qualify for much of an apartment . I also have a pension but I don't know if they take those. If anybody on the forum any experience in renting this way I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. Thank you

Sorry to hear that, what are you looking for exactly, if I may ask? ( curious )
Thanks for asking.

Looking for my residential apartment. (permanent If possible)

For many many many years I rented the same apartment as a tourist. 3 mes, 3 mes, 6 mes, 6 mes, ,,,,, on and on for 14 years same apartment.

2018 the landlord suddenly no renovar más. It has been brutal since.

Now @Ceviche just pointed out that landlords don't trust Argentine tenants that can use Argentine Law. Therefore I understood that it would be easier for me to rent temporarily as a tourist with passport. Not as an Argentine with DNI.

Bottomline is want a permanent rental (if possible). If no temporary rental (preferably renewable every 6 months) like what happened before for 14 years.

Did I pointedly address your question?

Again, txs in advance.

Last edited:
I send the following to real estate agents.

Buscando vista panorámica en cualquier barrio de CABA.
Hasta 40 m2 + o -
Piso alto más de 25 para arriba + o -
El alquiler depende del piso y la vista.

Por ejemplo
Torre PROMENADE Güemes 3355
Torre VISTA Santa Fe 3770
Torre VIEW Santa Fe 5009
Torre WIEK Arcos 1440
Torre QUARTIER J B Justo 2000
Torre BELLINI Esmeralda 900
Algo así

Cordialmente

Last edited:
I send the following to real estate agents.

Buscando vista panorámica en cualquier barrio de CABA.
Hasta 40 m2 + o -
Piso alto más de 25 para arriba + o -
El alquiler depende del piso y la vista.

Por ejemplo
Torre PROMENADE Güemes 3355
Torre VISTA Santa Fe 3770
Torre VIEW Santa Fe 5009
Torre WIEK Arcos 1440
Torre QUARTIER J B Justo 2000
Torre BELLINI Esmeralda 900
Algo así

Cordialmente
Yes those are very high buildings so they should have good views. I was wondering what you were looking for because I might have a 2br/2bth apartment up for rent in Recoleta in about a month ( currently painting and removing carpets, etc ) but it is not a high rise building and doesn't have a scenic view ;)

I thought i could tag on this thread instead of starting a new one . I am going to try to rent an apt on my own instead of relying on my sister-in-law to rent it for me and her property as security. My question is anybody renting using their social security as proof of income and without a property to put up as security. I have started looking into it and just my ss payment doesn't look large enough to qualify for much of an apartment . I also have a pension but I don't know if they take those. If anybody on the forum any experience in renting this way I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. Thank you
When my husband got here, we did not want to ask family for garantia, so we rented paying upfront 6 months at a time. We lived in that apartment for about 7 years, we actually went to a real estate agent and proposed it. This was almost 20 yrs ago and the market has changed with Airbnb, etc. so I honestly don't know first hand what it is like these days. We managed to buy some 10 yrs ago.

When my husband got here, we did not want to ask family for garantia, so we rented paying upfront 6 months at a time. We lived in that apartment for about 7 years, we actually went to a real estate agent and proposed it. This was almost 20 yrs ago and the market has changed with Airbnb, etc. so I honestly don't know first hand what it is like these days. We managed to buy some 10 yrs ago.
It's brutal right now with Milei.

Landlords free to double the rent in Dollars. But they don't rent ,,,,, they don't trust Argentine tenants with the SAME LEGAL SYSTEM.

Worst of both worlds.

There's businesses where locals can get a garantia through the insurance company using just their income.

Someone enterprising should start a business doing the same thing for foreigners. Sign a payment contract in the US to accept the client's pension or SS and in return offer the use of a property in Argentina for the client to use as a garantia.

Has anyone tried this before?

Back