Paying in advance the full one year rental contract.

It's brutal right now with Milei.

Landlords free to double the rent in Dollars. But they don't rent ,,,,, they don't trust Argentine tenants with the SAME LEGAL SYSTEM.

Worst of both worlds.
I thought it had helped some, at least that is what the news say regarding to the increase of rental properties.

There's businesses where locals can get a garantia through the insurance company using just their income.

Someone enterprising should start a business doing the same thing for foreigners. Sign a payment contract in the US to accept the client's pension or SS and in return offer the use of a property in Argentina for the client to use as a garantia.

Has anyone tried this before?
It works, but as far as I know not many owners take it.

Another crucial issue I learned the hard way:

Landlords are very apprehensive of old RETIREES tenants. RED FLAG.🚩
Let alone an old retiree with DNI and no recibo de sueldo and entitled to the legal system.

The way I understand it now.
I was shocked when they rejected my offer of one full year prepaid.

All the years I rented as a tourist never had a problem. And I was shielded from rental market. Had no idea never knew what was going on.

Last edited:
It works, but as far as I know not many owners take it.
Landlords don't accept whatever guarantia. They only accept guarantia from their specific friendly "seguro caución". Wink wink.

Think twice before you mess with Argentine professional 2 steps ahead of you.

I feel for any expat who has to build a life and make a living in Argentina. TOUGH.

I rented an apt with 2 months security deposit no problem. Check zonaprop, there was another landlord that only wanted 1 month deposit. No seguro de caucion, no garantia. Lots of airbnbs coming off the market and turning into temporary rentals as there's less tourists now with prices up

Some Landlords have asked for a quality CABA Garantia, that must be checked by a Escribano at tenants cost.

Why would "old" retirees with a guaranteed income in dollars be a red flag ? Well i guess its Argentina anything is possible

Why would "old" retirees with a guaranteed income in dollars be a red flag ? Well i guess its Argentina anything is possible
Guaranteed for the old Grumpy retiree. Doesn't benefit landlord (different country different jurisdiction).

When you hear horror stories of the legal system it might be possible to understand the "strange" rational of the landlord.

Last edited:
Back