Peanut Butter And Chris Sorrentino

jumpsforjoy1

Registered
My daughter has recently arrived in BA for study abroad. She has settled in and loves the city but is missing a fewthings from the US like the ability to get organic or even non organic raspberries any time of the year and peanut butter. Last night I did a google search and found this site and a discussion about peanut butter that she found really helpful. In that discussion a member stated he was trying to open a peanut butter shop, unfortunately the link he provided does not work.

I clicked on the next link from my google search and came up with a blog in which the author met with a guy who makes peanut butter, Chris Sorrentino. My daughter would love to meet him and try/buy some of his peanut butter not only because he is making a product she loves but also because he went to school in Massachusetts and she currently goes to school in Boston.

If anyone knows how to get in touch with Chris please email me at jumpsforjoy1 @gmail.com Thanks!

She can get decent peanut butter in walmart supermarkets and Chinese supermarkets. It is growing in popularity.

There is 100% natural peanut butter (nothing but nuts) in Barrio Chino. (It's not gooey slimey greasy good like Jiff). That might be what NYKate is talking about.

**Unsolicited opinion**

WHOOSH-WHOOSH-WHOOSH

That's the sound of a helicopter parent. Your daughter is an adult. If she wants peanut butter, she can find it on her own, make an account on this site, etc. You are doing her no favors by spending your nights Googling about peanut butter where she is studying abroad. Let her grow up.

Sincerely,

Someone whose grad school classmates in their mid to late 20s still get daily e-mails from Mom with multiple cover letter edits for job applications, begging to know every single grade, etc. (Oh God, I could go on...)

Wow, I remember when I went to travel abroad I told my mom that telephones and the internet didn´t exist in Central America and she believed me. I told her that if I died the embassy would contact her to collect the body.

Part of living abroad is learning to research things in a culture where you don´t speak the language and have few contacts. If she is too lazy to research, she does not deserve peanutbutter or genetically modified berries.

(Coming from someone who gets CVs from 21 year olds asking to be employed as film directors and who refuse to get coffee on a set, because they are "above that").

Wow, some of you people are down right mean. Glad you are living in BA and not my neighborhood.

I asked about the peanut butter because my daughter is a bit homesick and right now she is taking an intensive Spanish course 5 hrs a day 5 days a week plus homework, tests and assisgnments for the next 4 weeks. I thought if I could help narrow her search (she had already checked out the locale grocery stores) by reaching out for some help from the folks on this site it would be a good thing since I would rather have her interacting with people than sitting in her room doing extensive searches on where to find things.

And I will post here my response to the one member who felt it was her duty to send me and email and tell me just how WRONG I am for asking a simple question. I think you will see from my daughter's life experiences that what you are seeing in action is a friendship between a mother and daughter who has already spread her wings numerous times and a mother who embraces her daughter's independance. Perhaps some of the sour grapes are from those who felt they had to run as far away to BA because their parental relationships never evolved into friendship and they are projecting.

But yeah wow some of you are just plain mean.

To jantango:
While I do appreciate your concern, I do not think you can make the assumptions that you have.
My daughter traveled on her own to visit relatives in the UK for the first time at 12. She spent 3 weeks in China helping the sisters with orphaned cleft palate babies at 15. She has made 7 trips to the Dominican Republic where she has built homes, a library, refurbished a school and cuddled babies dyong from lack of clean water and abandoned at the hospital. She owns her own condo in Boston. She was the one to come up with the idea to study in Argentina and do all the leg and paper work to get there.
I am her support system, her cheer leader and her tech guru. Since I am the best in the family at internet searches I am the one who does them, sometimes even for extended family and friends.

Also no one said she wouldn't survive without raspberries or peanut butter. But since the latter seems available why shouldn't SHE track it down now that she knows where to look.

I am not a helicopter parent and resent the implication. Next time you should find out a bit more about a person before you offer advise that some might find offenseive.

Back