Permanent Res Dni Expiration

CaliCoco

Registered
I did a search and read through some older posts to try and findtthe info I'm looking for so I apologize for any redundancy. I have a Permanent Residency through marriage..I have heard that being outside of Argentina for more than 2 years can causeyour DNI to expire. I was in the US for longer than 2 years and now my wife, my 2 babies, and I have moved back to Argentina. When I entered, I presented my DNI at customs and nothing was said. My Wife (argie) and I went to apply for the new document. She has already received hers. Its been a few weeks and I haven't. I was told that mine would take longer and when I checked the status it basically said "in process". I'm a little paranoid now. How do I know if it expired? They didn't say anything to me at customs nor at the Registro Civil where I applied for the new document. My libreta says that it has no expiration so..crossing my fingers

quick question calicoco. since youre married to an Argentinian and have Argentinian children, werent you given the option to apply for citizenship outright or did you have to do the permanent residency before citizenship?

Jackbower..my babies aren't Argies yet..they were born in the US..We are about to start that process. If my status hasn't changed I believe I can apply now.

Once again, Bajo comes through.

Gratis style at that.

Back