Permanent Residency Application Stuck in "Proceso de supervisión"

Hola,

Hola,

Wow. Now I am totally shocked. Mine is like that since 3 weeks & last Friday I went to the central office in Puerto Madero. The line of people waiting just to ask a question or that have unresolved cases was huge. I waited half a day and I eventually got to speak with somebody at the entrance. The good thing is that they verify what happened with your case. They did that to mine & told me that everything's good & that all I can do now is wait.

I even managed to get inside because I just need to present a damn translation (which I already did through their platform, but no response yet). They reassigned my case but couldn't tell me a deadline....

All the people that I spoke with told me that indeed the platform is not very good & also that they are working in bubbles, hence the low efficiency.

Anyway, you should definitely take a day to go there and make the line. At least you will understand if there is a problem with your case.

Suerte!

Thanks for the feedback, that's the office I'm assigned to as well.

Based on your experience I think I'll hold off on going until the end of the month and just renew my precarious residency certificate online when it gets close. I don't believe it will proceed to the next step before the end of August and I'll have to go regardless, but I'd rather not wait in line for them to tell me "it should be processed within 2 more weeks".

Hello Everyone! Just thought I'd provide an update for those processing their residency through these (as much as I hate this term) "unprecedented times".

My application for permanent residency was resolved this week, and took a total of almost 5 months from entering the info in to RadEX, to reaching disposición de residencia protocolizada. My type of application was familiar (my husband is Argentine), and reaching out to migraciones via Twitter proved to be the most effective form of communication when things got stuck.

My next step is getting my DNI in the mail. I'll be curious to see if it's a different number than the temporary residency one I had almost a decade ago via employer sponsorship.

Last step will be getting my citizenship, which I'm going to do ASAP since we don't have to wait 2 years, and I don't want to ever repeat the closed borders for foreigners/migraciones fun again. Being separated from my husband was one of the worst experiences I've gone through and don't wish it on anyone.

Thanks for your guys' guidance!

Hello Everyone! Just thought I'd provide an update for those processing their residency through these (as much as I hate this term) "unprecedented times".

My application for permanent residency was resolved this week, and took a total of almost 5 months from entering the info in to RadEX, to reaching disposición de residencia protocolizada. My type of application was familiar (my husband is Argentine), and reaching out to migraciones via Twitter proved to be the most effective form of communication when things got stuck.

My next step is getting my DNI in the mail. I'll be curious to see if it's a different number than the temporary residency one I had almost a decade ago via employer sponsorship.

Last step will be getting my citizenship, which I'm going to do ASAP since we don't have to wait 2 years, and I don't want to ever repeat the closed borders for foreigners/migraciones fun again. Being separated from my husband was one of the worst experiences I've gone through and don't wish it on anyone.

The DNI number should be the same. It only changes when you get citizenship.

It took me well over a year to get PR. Mine got hung up with problems in Buenos Aires. I changed to the office in Entre Rios and had my PR within 3 months after that.

Its just super tough to get answers from migraciones in buenos aires. the lines are crazy. much more relaxed when i went to the office in Entre Rios. Like 5 people and all super chill. Instead of 5 employees for every 300 people in line.

I have been waiting for my DNI to arrive in the mail since January. And my immigration lawyer is keeping on it. Still no physical DNI. Next January is permanent residency. How long will that take? Quien sabe?

I have been waiting for my DNI to arrive in the mail since January. And my immigration lawyer is keeping on it. Still no physical DNI. Next January is permanent residency. How long will that take? Quien sabe?
Do you have you administrative brit granting you the DNI? If so, do you have the tracking number for the Correo Argentino? If not, go in person and ask for you file in PDF in a pendrive. You do not need a turno neither to do the long line. Just say you come for vista.

Last edited:
Do you have you administrative brit granting you the DNI? If so, do you have the tracking number for the Correo Argentino? If not, go in person and ask for you file in PDF in a pendrive. You do not need a turno neither to do the long line. Just say you come for vista.
My immigration lawyer is keeping track of the process. Which is why I hired his firm. I don't want to deal with all that crap. This is my third pensioners visa. I am in the system.

Who would have thought so many people were trying to migrate to Argentina of all places !!! Migraciones is a bureaucratic wet dream - I spent days going back and forth to try get things sorted - the don't care attitude, mate drinking, no rush to do anything is exactly as I expected - if there is a way to make things harder and more complicated they will find it. Unless of course you are organising your residency through a Chinese immigration agent who has connections with the office and skips all the lines and dumps folders of applications on their desk - nothing dodgy going on there I promise.

Who would have thought so many people were trying to migrate to Argentina of all places !!! Migraciones is a bureaucratic wet dream - I spent days going back and forth to try get things sorted - the don't care attitude, mate drinking, no rush to do anything is exactly as I expected - if there is a way to make things harder and more complicated they will find it. Unless of course you are organising your residency through a Chinese immigration agent who has connections with the office and skips all the lines and dumps folders of applications on their desk - nothing dodgy going on there I promise.
You nailed it! I have a temporary residency that I was promised by my immigration lawyer and also my corporate lawyer -- two different individuals -- that this would automatically turn into permanent residency. To give the abbreviated version, it did not come to pass. It is really amazing to me how badly the government treats foreigners. I guess there is some consolation in acknowledging the fact that the government treats its own citizens even worse.

Back