Peronist Future?

The Kult is no friend of environmental matters. Their pushy demeanour for production of soy and only soy is and will continue to be a nightmare for agriculture for a very long time. I don't believe they have addressed the situation in Chaco either (as a result of the increase of GMO seed and pesticide use there).
This is a point that I don't agree with should Macri appoint a ex-Monsanto functionary in his administration.
I worked in the oil business in Alaska till I retired in 2013 (just an engineer, not part of management). I first worked for Arco (till it was swallowed by bp). One of the presidents of Arco Alaska was Harold Heinze, an engineer who climbed his way up all the way to that lofty perch. But his aim was even higher: he wanted to be CEO of all of Arco, and according to the press, fought vigorously for it - but didn't get it. He retired soon after and went into consulting for a while, but, after a change of state administrations in Alaska, was named head of the state's Natural Resources department.

It was Big Oil's worst nightmare. The big three in Alaska at that time were bp, Arco, and Exxon. And who do you suppose knew all their secrets? Yup, ol' Harold. He pissed off the environmentalists, being pro-development, but absolutely enraged the oil companies. They couldn't get away with anything while Harold was around.

So the message is, if you pick your person wisely, the most effective regulator will be the person who comes from the other side.

I'd like to resurrect this thread, because the orginal question got sidetracked (as often happens on a lively forum). The subject was, when CFK's term is over and she's a citizen again, will she be able to exert any meaningful control over the Peronist movement? I reopen this in the light of her recent pre-traspaso behavior in which she's publicly ranting about the abuse and insults she's taking from the man who will soon replace her.

My question is: will the other Peronists accept her in any kind of leadership role, or have her own bizzare actions placed her on the sidelines? Do the other Peronists consider her now too unstable to count on or is she still respected? Or has she built enough support through patronage to keep her in the front row of kingmakers?

Here's James Neilson's thoughts (from BA Herald):

"While her more devoted fans may not take her performance amiss, most others, including Peronist bosses who are tired of being treated with disdain by a person who would dearly like to see them replaced by slavish militants serving in La Cámpora, will be only too happy to see her depart.
They back her only because, like Carlos Menem in his day, for some time now she has been in a position to provide them with the money and the votes they need to stay in business. Unless Cristina dips into her own coffers, she will no longer be able to give them much cash. That leaves her depending on the votes she can deliver when the next election season arrives: if the word gets round that she is no longer able to supply loyalists with all that many of them, they will desert her double-quick as they did Menem, Eduardo Duhalde and the other caudillos they once supported."

What do you think?

Who knows?. Lets hope a monteneros 2.0 doesnt develop (with a righteous nutcase like her leading things its a possibilty). And how would macri respond? Its a scary thought.

Back