Peronist Future?

I am going to say ithis because I don't have to worry about losing business anymore due to my critical views.I learned decades ago to be very careful here. Many Argentines can be dangerously vengeful .I avoid all arguments with people I don't know.
Fair play? You can never be completely sure.Better safe than sorry.

Famous Peron's Sayings :)

Para un Peronista no hay nada mejor Que Otro Peronista. (Nothing Better for a Peronista than Another Peronista.)

Sin Corpiño ni Bombacha somos todos Peronistas...! Without Panties and Bra we are all Peronistas...??? Dr, Bajo Pls Explain? Guess its a 50's Vision ??

CUnU_g_XAAAZnxv.jpg

They'll be fine, they've stolen a lot! Should last them a while.

https://storify.com/...samente-exitosa
https://storify.com/...darse-los-gusto

Although they'll probably be deleting all their facebook/twitter profiles

When I was here as a turist (last year), I happened to stumble into a Campora Xmas party in a restaurant in Puerto Madero, at a very tipsy stage (them, not me at that time). I had absolutely no idea what peronism involves, aside from Evita. They were extremely friendly and welcoming people, very optimistic about the future, not unlike a church. I was actually impressed by the fact they loved and respected their own president, a rare phenomenon in this world. In the part of the world where I come from it's something absolutely unheard of. Here are some of their own definitions I remember from that day:
    • Peronist is someone who cares about the people and human rights.
    • Peronist is not right or left. Peronist goes right when it's time to go right, and left when it's time to go left.
    • Every Argentinian patriot is a Peronist.

What you described here sounds eerily like a cult- the K cult - the KULT :p

That's what it is. A cult, yes. Very real and strong beliefs of certain people. The thing is, many people still need a cult. Most do. That is not to say that those who don't (for whatever reason... They might be enlightened, or just plain simple cynical) must be any smarter. It's easy to take a side and fight for it, blindly. It's harder to choose your candidate and support him or her, while being aware of their shortcomings. It's even harder to respect the opposition and their shortcomings, especially when they lost.

As I said, I would vote for Macri. Yet, had Scioli won, I would be far from considering him a disaster. He does have his qualities, too. One of the things I don't like about Macri is his openness towards GMO. I don't want that on my plate, or the plate of anyone unless they clearly confess they're happy to die. And, of course, I'm fully aware you can't stop people from using either GMO or microwaves. Their choice. Yet, in my view, Macri might not be getting this part quite yet. Let's hope he will at some point. Anyway, politicians are no saviors. They do what they can. Idolising one and demonising the other is about the most stupid stand you can take.

That's what it is. A cult, yes. Very real and strong beliefs of certain people. The thing is, many people still need a cult. Most do. That is not to say that those who don't (for whatever reason... They might be enlightened, or just plain simple cynical) must be any smarter. It's easy to take a side and fight for it, blindly. It's harder to choose your candidate and support him or her, while being aware of their shortcomings. It's even harder to respect the opposition and their shortcomings, especially when they lost.

As I said, I would vote for Macri. Yet, had Scioli won, I would be far from considering him a disaster. He does have his qualities, too. One of the things I don't like about Macri is his openness towards GMO. I don't want that on my plate, or the plate of anyone unless they clearly confess they're happy to die. And, of course, I'm fully aware you can't stop people from using either GMO or microwaves. Their choice. Yet, in my view, Macri might not be getting this part quite yet. Let's hope he will at some point. Anyway, politicians are no saviors. They do what they can. Idolising one and demonising the other is about the most stupid stand you can take.

yes because the K's and the peronists are so against GMO's
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-27373134

CFK is probably the biggest friend of Monsanto here in Argentina... Just look up her and the companies name on youtube and you can find some press conferences where she highlights how beautiful it is getting the country sprayed with Roundup ;)

Right, but is Macri who want to put a CEO of Monsanto as the agriculture minister.

Argentina economic bloom is thanks to Monsanto, Argentina didn`t pay a dime for that and she put a lot of money to develop new technology for free for farmer to cut the dependency from Monsanto.

http://www.ieco.clarin.com/empresas-y-negocios/Dudas-patentes-soja-Monsanto_0_1381661843.html

http://www.clarin.com/politica/Gobierno-aprobo-super-transgenica-Monsanto_0_756524412.html

Ups, I forgot that the law here says that you can produce your own seed without paying royalties and the former President signed a decree against Monsanto establishing that the farmers don`t have to pay royalties, only the big pools.

http://www.cronista.com/economiapolitica/Soja-con-un-decreto-el-Gobierno-busca-poner-fin-a-la-pelea-entre-Monsanto-y-los-productores-20150519-0112.html

The Kult is no friend of environmental matters. Their pushy demeanour for production of soy and only soy is and will continue to be a nightmare for agriculture for a very long time. I don't believe they have addressed the situation in Chaco either (as a result of the increase of GMO seed and pesticide use there).
This is a point that I don't agree with should Macri appoint a ex-Monsanto functionary in his administration.

gpop: On the other hand,it could be a very timely idea to appoint an ex-Monsanto official at this time to get this Roundup mattter settled once and for all
In 2013 I was assisting a human rights lawyer here who was defending the pilot of private aircraft who had been contrated by a farmer in the Chaco, I believe,to mix Roundup with more toxic poisons similar to 2.4D (Agent Orange) to make the spraying more effective.When ,due to contact with this poisonous mixture ,the pilot became seriouly ill he lost his job and was obliged to come to Bs, As.to be treated in a state hospital. This was common in Argentina at that time due to faulty or non-compliance with safeguard laws.
Why ,then,were there no similar cases reported in Brazil,Paraguay or Uruguay where Roundup was also extensively used?

Back