Pesos to Dollars/Euros

As Boromir said....

"One does not simply exchange currencies in Argentina".

Attachments

• frabz-One-does-not-simply-exchange-currencies-in-argentina-43f877.jpg
    frabz-One-does-not-simply-exchange-currencies-in-argentina-43f877.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 17
Has anyone else any other ideas for my savings as dont really want to hold pesos till the end of the year????? THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Get real! The only dollar available is the one at Blue rates even if you can find a contact that needs to unload foreign currency and get pesos.
As soon as you realise the Official Rate is not for you (or basically anyone else) the better. Then you'll be able to focus in the right direction.

Official rate is the government excuse to grab your greenbacks at a lower price. They're clearly not planning to sell a lot at those prices if they can prevent it.

Welcome to the Real World!

Morpheus.jpg

OK I can't get the OFFICIAL RATE, what I am asking is the next best thing, obviously in Uruguay, Chile or Brasil I can go change my pesos to their national currency then convert to dollars or euros, I would like to know if anyone has actaully done this rather than just give up because Christina says you cant do some thing!!!

Andy Ireland said:
OK I can't get the OFFICIAL RATE, what I am asking is the next best thing, obviously in Uruguay, Chile or Brasil I can go change my pesos to their national currency then convert to dollars or euros, I would like to know if anyone has actaully done this rather than just give up because Christina says you cant do some thing!!!

It can be done, but you'll end up paying more than the blue rate, the only way you can get close to the official rate is by using a local credit card outside the country (cash advance)

Andy Ireland said:

The last way to exchange for the official rate for an individual seems to be credit card transactions. Why not see if there is any market in which you can buy financial instruments with a credit card. (In the US this is heavily regulated and a pain in the ass.) Or start paying yourself into a foreign paypal account with your argentine credit card.

Andy Ireland said:
Has anyone else any other ideas for my savings as dont really want to hold pesos till the end of the year????? THANKS AGAIN!!!!

U can buy and sell local bonds and get dollars at 5.85$ or so, that is the best en blanco alternative, or the one I mentioned.

Online purchases with local ccs are not taxed with the 15%

Buy now while the dollar is cheap.
By the end of the year a lot of people will start buying greenbacks for their holidays.

Even if you find a way to invest now but will have to convert to dollars by the end of the year then you'll be in a sellers market. Dollar is expected to go up in the summer.

Andy Ireland said:
Need advice, I have savings in Pesos here, that I have from working legally so have all the payslips. I would like to convert them into dollars or euros and get the best rate possible not the blue/black rate. I have gone to afip and they will change them if I go on a "holiday" so need to book a flight out of the country which is hassle just to convert my savings. Has anyone actually changed their pesos through afip or has gone on to Uruguay or Chile to change into dollars. I dont want here say just if someone has actually did it or actually knows the person well that did it! Did they find it to be difficult ie had to go to loads of cambios to change small amounts or asked for prove of earnings that sort of things as dont want to go and end up not being able to change them when I arrive. Thank you in advance for you help!

I think given the circumstances, the black market is your only option. If you travel (plane ticket, reservations, etc), the AFIP will grant you no more than US$100 allowance per day. If you do not travel, (apparently, the airline/travel agency has to provide this info now) the AFIP can request that you give the dollars back! You can go to uruguay to exchange the dollars (at a rate that's just over the black rate here) but you will have to bring the money with you in cash (up to 10,000 dollars) as you cannot make withdrawals abroad using an Argentine debit card and a peso account.

Back