Pesos To Dollars Official

However, bonds, if issued under New York law, are fully transferable (which is how the hold-outs have them). So the girlfriend can buy the bonds, and he can buy them from her. She could collect the dollars here (in the case of BONAR 2015), or he could bring them home with him and sell them in another country.
Do you know if he has a girlfriend and whether she has a declared income?

well not exactly... if the money will start losing its value and there's not really any good options to cash in on the money, I can at least buy some assets that can be sold later on and make a bit of money every month.

Consider loose diamonds or other gem stones, gold coins, investment grade postage stamps, non-restricted international plane tickets, Victoria's Secret gift cards or other items that you can easily conceal, that you aren't required to declare as money, hold their value, and can be relatively easily liquidated in any large city in the world.,

well not exactly... if the money will start losing its value and there's not really any good options to cash in on the money, I can at least buy some assets that can be sold later on and make a bit of money every month.

If you're planning on staying here for a while, it's really not a terrible idea. If you're planning on staying here for only another 6 months, just use the money to live on. Pay rent, travel and enjoy it. (I think you mentioned you had already found another remote job so look at the severance as a gift). If you need to leave in the next few weeks, either buy dollar at the blue rate or buy things that can be easily liquidated as mentioned above.

If we've already gotten to the point of buying stuff just to hold the value for later - what's wrong with just buying dollars at the blue rate?

So far they've held their value quite well.

I guess you're right.

It just feels stupid that "legal money" becomes "no better than dirty money" but hey... TIA (This Is Argentina...)

I guess you're right.

It just feels stupid that "legal money" becomes "no better than dirty money" but hey... TIA (This Is Argentina...)

You could still try to buy something with someone's credit card outside and loose 35% (once I bought whole kitchen for the friend...), but if not, Dollar blue is OK. After the elections you will feel rich, for sure ;)

Back