Philadelphia Cream Cheese

BaltRochGirl

Registered
Anyone see any really recently? All the places near me have been out for a long time now.

Anyone see any really recently? All the places near me have been out for a long time now.
This was actually a topic of discussion at the last meeting of the book club!
One member suggested "Finlandia"cheese is the best substitute regarding flavor but it doesn't hold together as much as cream cheese.
I used to use ricotta for my cheese cakes...maybe a blend as the ricotta is pretty stiff....

Tregar queso crema in 200cc tubs is the closest I've found and makes great new york cheesecake. Dont use the light version - not dense enough. I found finlandia too "cheesey".

This was actually a topic of discussion at the last meeting of the book club!
One member suggested "Finlandia"cheese is the best substitute regarding flavor but it doesn't hold together as much as cream cheese.
I used to use ricotta for my cheese cakes...maybe a blend as the ricotta is pretty stiff....

A mix of the two is best for texture if you ask me.

Yeah for what I want it for none of the substitutions work. I already use ricotta for all my cheesecaking needs, just wondering when that next, probably held up in customs for months, shipment will be released so I can stock up! :(

I'll check that Coto today with fingers crossed!

Do they have philly or the generic one, I wasn't thrilled with the generic one when I tried it, wasn't quite the same and soured really fast!

They have regular but it is almost always 30%+ more expensive than in the grocery store.

Back