Photography course?

Canick said:
I was the original poster on this thread and ended up taking Andy Goldstein and enjoyed it. (www.andygoldstein.edu.ar).
n

Interesting. I went by that school a few weeks ago. I kept repeating the name in my head but still forgot it! lol. :) I have to run out but will have a look when I get back. Thanks.

Hey, this is the best of the best. The biggest camera museum in latinamerica, filled with love towards photography, experienced award winning professors and all of it for more than reassonable prices. I must reccomend the Black and White photography with Jorge Lorenzon, besides I think he speaks some english. Pinhole is awesome too.
http://museofotograficosimik.com/
If studio is what you are interested into then Social Photography with Eduardo lopez. It includes from parties, multiple flash operation and Studio.

Canick said:
hi I'm nick from canada. I'm new to the site and primarily looking for a way to meet people (both expats and locals) that's not just in a bar environment. I seem to have that side covered!

I thought perhaps on top of my spanish classes, I could also take some other educational or interesting courses while i was here. (For instance a photography course). As an intermediate level speaker, I am however worried my Spanish may not be sufficient to understand everything.

Does anyone have any suggestions for interesting courses to take (in English or Spanish) that are not just about learning the language or Tango/salsa?

any suggestions much appreciated

n

I take courses at a photography school which is ran by the local government so it is FREE. You do not have to pay to take courses and it is said it is the best in BA
of course it is in Great Buenos Aires, Avellaneda, specifically. But many people from other sides in Buenos Aires are attending this school.

marie said:
I take courses at a photography school which is ran by the local government so it is FREE. You do not have to pay to take courses and it is said it is the best in BA
of course it is in Great Buenos Aires, Avellaneda, specifically. But many people from other sides in Buenos Aires are attending this school.

Hi Marie, Do you have the details of this photography course, I am struggling to find it. I have just moved to BA and am a bit nervous of turning up to bars on my own so thought classes would be a good way to start! Cheers. Sarah

Bumping this up: has anyone else taken any courses lately that they would like to recommend?

I am looking for a more formal course with a set structure and so on.

Thanks!

You could take nice chess class at the Club Argentino de Ajedrez, the biggest in latin america I think. You can go Thursady nights or saturdays 2:30 Ithink.
They are cheap too.
Go to www.argentinodeajedrez.org.ar and visit the site.
There is a canadian guy playing ournaments there.

Back