Pick Pocketed Of My Iphone Last Night

cclacrosse2017

Registered
Last night I was pick pocketed. I believe the bar tender realized I was American and likely informed a friend to do the job. My friends and I were asked to leave the bar (Temple Bar) shortly after words. Any thoughts on where to buy a relatively in expensive smart phone or does anyone have one for sale?

Doesn't have anything to do with being a foreigner - people steal phones all the time here from anyone/everyone. Sorry to hear it happened - it's a PITA. Relatively inexpensive smart phones likewise don't exist. You can check mercadolibre for models/prices. Probably expect to pay around 200 USD for a basic model from motorola, samsung, etc.

With modern phone encryption, I am surprised that stealing phones is still a thing. A properly secured and locked phone should be nothing but a useless brick to a thief. Are they using it for parts?

5,000 phones are stolen in Argentina every day

http://www.bubblear.com/report-5000-phones-are-stolen-in-argentina-every-day/

Sorry to hear about the loss... Maybe your cell may be offered in Mercado Libre? your iphone does have a locator application?

Second Hand ? cells can be purchased at Ave. Corrientes bet Larrea and Azcuenaga, inside the Galleria Peruana, AYOR.

Second hand cellphones are found at galeria jardin (florida street) and on av corrientes and azcuenaga, on the said of the odd numbers there are several galerias comerciales, go straight to the back, where prices are cheaper.

That is why I have an old mobile phone I bought in Vietnam(new) for$20 usd and it has no special features, etc. no one wants it and I have had it for almost 5 years!

I've had iPhones for over 7 years in Argentina and, knock on wood, have never had one stolen. They're not exactly an uncommon sight in Capital. It's not like wearing a Rolex.

Any thoughts on where to buy a relatively in expensive smart phone or does anyone have one for sale?

I just checked mercado libre. There are thousands of used phones for sale. It all depends on what you consider relatively inexpensive.

I have a Moto G 2nd generation 3g phone with a 5" screen. There are new ones available on ML for $3000 pesos. There are 3rd generation 4g Moto G smartphones offered at $4000. The second generation model has an 8 mpxl camera and the thrid generation has a 13 mpxl camera.These prices are significantly lower than they were a year ago, but they're probably double the best prices you'll find on amazon in the US.

I like the Moto G because it has the "Gorilla Glass" screen. I use a protective case as well. I've only dropped it once and the glass did not break.

If you don't like Motorola check out the basic Samsung model with 4g and a 4.3" screen for $3000. http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-600878625-celular-samsung-j1-4g-lte-quad-core-8gb-doble-cam-libre-gtia-_JM

Back