Picking Up An Xbox @ Correo Argentino

Uyy I think the Argentine portion of my personality would have lost it if they tried to charge me taxes on the shipping fees. That's where you have to put your foot down -- even the AFIP says that these new regulations apply only to physical products, not services. Shipping is a service, they have no right to charge tax for it.

.... Shipping is a service, they have no right to charge tax for it.

Take a look at your phone bill, electric bill, gas bill, prepaid health plan bill, etc. In Argentina there is a 21% IVA on goods and services.

Rest assured that all unclaimed packages are put to good use by the employees in Aduanas -- that's their bonus for boring work. I was told that the notebook I refused many years ago was going to be sold at auction.

The thing is, I am not even sure if we're able to pay the tax. From what we're seeing online, you have to maybe be an importer to receive it at all. And you need to pay the fees before you even go online, using a clave fiscal, which we don't have. I would pay whatever necessary in order to get this for my kid, but I am not even sure if we can. OR...maybe online is just a bunch of crazy stories. That's why I asked here for what's really going on.
However, I did read of some people who just said 'forget it' and left the items there like you did. I am not sure if it would make it back to my dad, and that right there just pisses me off.

You should be able to pay the 50% taxes over the price of the Xbox + S&H - USD 25 without any problems. Everybody can receive up to two packages from abroad every year without needing to be registered as an importer. Beyond the yearly USD 25 franchise, everything else pays a 50% tax, including S&H. It's a joke since USD 25 will barely cover S&H in any decent item.

If I were you and we're talking Xbox One, I would still gladly pay for it. There are no Xbox Ones yet available it is a real novelty. Be patient trying to find games for it. Eventually the market will see the light of day. Too soon still. The Xbox One sells around USD 1.000 on Mercado Libre.

Good luck.

I wouldn't be averse to using a little bribery to get my hands on my stuff.
Or even get to know someone in customs, take them out to dinner and maybe a show.
I mean, it's all a game surely?

Am with Gringoboy, put paper work and a generous gratuity in an envelope and hand it to the official/clerk.
When in Rome......

Yup, it's an XBox One. I feel like I'm already playing some sort of XBox game, only one that doesn't require a cd and, apparently, a consol...

I`ve picked up quite a few things that my parents have sent over. I was always told that its the local value they charge you for , regardless of whats written on the paper work as the value.
I even had them send me over my old pc keyboard because it had the uk layout, but they still charged me for importing it. I sarcastically said do they also charge for the breadcrumbs between the keys? They laughed and said this is Argentina, probably.
So good luck with an Xbox One.

Correo is the worst of the worst, they opened my letter mail and didn't tape it up, they have had my package from DX in classification for 12 days now, I'm just assuming it's being stolen. I order it on December 29th and it left Shanghai by plane 2 or so days later. I'm assuming March if I ever get them.

If they give me any problems I'm thinking of saying it's Dildos and lube and offer them to open it if they don't believe the price. I wonder if that will work...

Correo is the worst of the worst, they opened my letter mail and didn't tape it up, they have had my package from DX in classification for 12 days now, I'm just assuming it's being stolen. I order it on December 29th and it left Shanghai by plane 2 or so days later. I'm assuming March if I ever get them.

If they give me any problems I'm thinking of saying it's Dildos and lube and offer them to open it if they don't believe the price. I wonder if that will work...

Just as a reference I was sent some of our old clothing on the 2nd December , it took 2 days to arrive in BA from the UK and it spent 7 weeks before I received the form to collect in from correo. I now have to fill in another form to state how much the items cost. What also gets me is that they wrote on the form my name and address twice and the 14 digit tracking number , 3 times! No wonder its so slow, all their workers are taking all their time filling out forms. It really is like living in the dark ages and someone needs to invest in a printer in this country.

Back