Picking Up An Xbox @ Correo Argentino

Any updates?
Yes! Actually, I am here to give you all just that! Sorry, I didn't update before, I just didn't have any news. Funny you ask now because I just went this morning.

Long story short: XBox is in my house now and my son is setting it up. We paid...$65 pesos and the entire thing, from leaving my house in Vicente Lopez to coming back home, took 3 hours.

I didn't get my stuff until now because, after posting that I was going 'the next day', I came home to a distraught, stressed partner who didn't want to go without having the AFIP answering her email. She wrote a list of questions, some of them I had asked here, because she didn't want to go without any idea. Two days later, the AFIP answered...but only 1 question, and not even an important one. She asked 2 more times to clarify the other concerns she had, but never received a reply.
She is a med student, and she had a test last week in the middle of all this. Therefore, all last week was EXAM WEEK, which means no trips to the correo.
Today was my free morning, so we went with our AFIP sheet that she had printed out beforehand. My dad's girlfriend gave me a list of what was in the 2 boxes (if you remember, she didn't list the XBox, causing me to panic). I also had the shipping costs of each box.
We arrived to the correo and out front, where the stray dogs used to be, is a tent with helpers to answer questions. My partner asked if we would be penalized if it was a gift, since we didn't order it ourselves, where to pay, etc. The girl answered everything about paying straight from the AFIP webpage, and as for the gift question, she just said that she wasn't sure. She said maybe we'd have to pay some taxes, but she really didn't know.
We went to the first line very quickly (no wait) and paid the $25 pesos to pick up, then $40 due to storage. Then we got our number to pick it up from the custom section, as normal.
That wait wasn't too bad, either. We went in, got in yet another line. Only one box arrived (but it was the one with the XBox). The man said we'd have to pay the $116 dollars shipping cost, plus the amount listed for the contents ($95 dollars). But, he was nice and for some reason lowered the price and we paid nothing extra. No idea why.
Now, we don't have the second box, which are some shirts and maybe some soap. We're not that concerned about it, but when I get home from work tonight, I'll try to track it down and see what we do. I think we only have until March 3 to claim it.

EDIT to ADD: I will say that they did open the box and pulled a few things out. Nothing was wrapped, the XBox was totally visible. But..nothing happened. *shrugs*

So if I understand correctly you paid the fee at Aduana? Does that mean you have the choice to pay it either online or at Aduana?? Last time I tried to pay there they sent me off to the central bank - this was a year ago.

So if I understand correctly you paid the fee at Aduana? Does that mean you have the choice to pay it either online or at Aduana?? Last time I tried to pay there they sent me off to the central bank - this was a year ago.
We paid the little bit for storage and $25 pesos as the correo, the front, first line you get into. At the actual aduana section in back, no...we paid nothing. You know the big room where you go second and wait to be called to the aduana? There they have about 6 or 8 computers set up. One of them wasn't being used and I saw the AFIP logo and 'clave fiscal' on the screen. Maybe now you can pay online right there. We didn't have to do anything like that, but several people were using the computers and they had someone there in uniform assisting.

Back