Picking Up An Xbox @ Correo Argentino

Yup, it's an XBox One. I feel like I'm already playing some sort of XBox game, only one that doesn't require a cd and, apparently, a consol...
That game is Dungeons and Dragons!

It was a long time ago, but I once talked something out of the post office at Bariloche by telling them it was a birthday present from my mother (not quite true, but I was able to prove that it was almost my birthday).

It was a long time ago, but I once talked something out of the post office at Bariloche by telling them it was a birthday present from my mother (not quite true, but I was able to prove that it was almost my birthday).

Reminds me of the time I once sent my Argentine brother in law a digital camera as a christmas present 6 years ago not knowing about the import taxes. I wrapped it in christmas wrapping with a card and put gift on the label,the bastards still charged him us$50 to receive it, It wouldnt have been too bad but it was only worth us$130

All I can say is Good Luck, maybe you get the good person as you stand in line. Personally I don't understand the rules. I have to assume that there is a lower limit because the magazines that we have sent over from Sweden for me and my kids arrive without a problem. My parents have learned the hard way to make sure that the birthday presents that they send to the kids fit in an envelope. Still is takes up to five weeks for them to arrive to us in Villa la Angostura. But, since we moved here none have gotten "lost". When we lived in Buenos Aires it was about 50/50 if it would arrive at all, it didn't matter if it was a post card or an envelope.

I understand your point about working hard to earn pesos and that the gift is just that, something extra that someone earning a wage here just wouldn't prioritize.

If a prior poster is correct then you just go to pick it up, pay what ever they want you to pay, forget that you payed it and charge it to your two packages allowed per year for 2014.

Average time is 3+ months now. I received something on Monday that was sent Oct 27th. That's the 3rd time it's taken 3 months or so to receive a package.

I have to go this week to pick up a package at Retiro - I'm dreading it.

Well, we're heading to Retiro tomorrow to try our fate getting our stuff. Other than filling out the AFIP's form, we're not sure what we're in for.
I asked my boss just now if she had any idea where we pay exactly, at the Correo itself or online...she receives stuff all the time and any search of ours comes up with different stories. Besides saying that she isn't sure with the new legislation, she advised me to just bribe the guy at the counter. Actually, she told me this twice and how to behave when doing so.

Jesus Christ on a pogo stick, I am just some chick from a rural town in the Pacific Northwest. You know, the kind with only one stop light in the entire town and where you wave at everyone driving by because you've known them since birth. I finally just got the hang of pushing on the colectivos to get my proper spot and staring down potential chorros. I am not yet up the level of bribing post office clerks. I would be so, so not smooth. I'd probably start laughing, blush, duck, and run away all hunkered down.

With that said, wish me luck!

I'll let you all know how it goes.

Well, we're heading to Retiro tomorrow to try our fate getting our stuff. Other than filling out the AFIP's form, we're not sure what we're in for.
I asked my boss just now if she had any idea where we pay exactly, at the Correo itself or online...she receives stuff all the time and any search of ours comes up with different stories. Besides saying that she isn't sure with the new legislation, she advised me to just bribe the guy at the counter. Actually, she told me this twice and how to behave when doing so.

Jesus Christ on a pogo stick, I am just some chick from a rural town in the Pacific Northwest. You know, the kind with only one stop light in the entire town and where you wave at everyone driving by because you've known them since birth. I finally just got the hang of pushing on the colectivos to get my proper spot and staring down potential chorros. I am not yet up the level of bribing post office clerks. I would be so, so not smooth. I'd probably start laughing, blush, duck, and run away all hunkered down.

With that said, wish me luck!

I'll let you all know how it goes.

Its dead easy How about " Here's a 100 pesos for as coffee , Bud ! "

For anyone else needing the "clave fiscal" - it's really simple, you need to have a CUIT, which if you are working and a permanent resident you'll have. Got the nearest AFIP place, tell them you need one, you sign a form, they scan your paw prints and then give you a temporary password.

Logging onto the AFIP website, which is actually surprisingly decent once you get your head round the layout, allows you to submit various tramites online, like the tramite to reclaim your 20 or 35% on foreign travel etc. You´d need to 100% en blanco i reckon....

Anyway, short story is that it is basically a password to access the AFIP online website, I suspect that is where you complete and submit the online form.

Good luck sheawj and let us know how you get on.
I'm sure we'd all be interested for future reference.

Back