Planning to start a Indian resturant in Buenos Aires

I sometimes eat at Bengal, there is one out here in Pilar Golf club, open Friday to Sunday only. it's not bad for Argentina, but after dining in London in probably the best Indian restaurant in the world, and then going back to Bengal, I was dissapointed.
However, their nan is good service is good and for the setting it's very affordable.
Went with my parents twice when they came to visit and they were very impressed.

are there any in olivos/san isidro area?
scuse typing, right hand broken

I have tried a few Indian restaurants in B.A. but the only one I would call good is the Tandoor.They have a chef from Tamil Nadu and they will even serve a fairly hot dish if requested.

The owners are from Bangalore and they are very responsive to customers' comments.

Tandoor seems to have a lot of Indian customers and sometimes eight or ten Indians can be seen at a table.

CarverFan said:
Which restaurant did you go to in London Alfajor?

I went to one in Chelsea 4 times in 3 weeks, it's called Exotikka of India. A small place but amazing amazing food and very decent prices for the UK. Highly highly recommended.

Still looking for one in Zona Norte.
fracture caused by incalsitrant lawnmower.....una boludes

Gringoboy said:
are there any in olivos/san isidro area?
There's actually an Indian restaurant in Martinez. It's called Ali. I've never been but I think it's on Libertador. Not sure if it's any good though.

@cafeconleche- it's worth a try!

@Gringoboy the weekend Bengal at Pilar golf IS Zona Norte...

Here is a link:
http://www.pilargolf.com.ar/en/gastronomia/bengal.php

It's about 70 pesos for a dish, they have like 3 options of a main course, but its still quite good. And comes with veggie yellow rice, sauce, and chicken/lamb/shrimp/fish curry.\
A very big portion and you have very good service there with 2 personal waiters and usually the place is nearly empty.You need just an appetizer to share and some nan, a drink and you are covered.
The setting is very very fancy, and damn it I am hungry now! Going there Friday for lunch! Only watch out they do not accept mastercard...so visa or cash..

random.striker said:
We've just had dinner at Tandoor today (Laprida y Charcas).

I had a word after dinner with the owner, who claims to be Indian, and mentioned that he would 'have a word with the chef'. I didn't get the impression that he really cared though.

The owners are two Indian guys. One I believe is the one who put in the capital and the other guy is the one who did the labor work.

The food is very very ordinary.

Ambience is just OK.

The waiters are usually rude.

The cook seems to be disinterested in providing delicious Indian food.

The owners themselves seem disinterested. I got the impression, they are more busy sorting out the good looking female clients at the restaurant. ( No harm in it though)

It would be god's blessings to get a decent Indian food restaurant in BA.

Taj Mahal, Delhi Mahal, Bombay - All are giving bullshit Indian food.

Back