Play Some Futbol/Soccer?

Nick0518 said:
Hey guys, I'd love to play too if there's still a spot for me. I live in Recoleta...near Bulnes actually so that would be perfect. Despite the heat, I'd love to play outside rather than indoors, but would do either---I just need to start playing again! Let me know what you guys decide.

Nick

Also, at the last minute, I decided not to pack my cleats (boots? can you tell where I'm from haha). Does anyone know a place where I might be able to buy a decent, semi-inexpensive pair? Thanks.
look around the Ferias(2nd hand shops)they sometimes have them:)

ecrphilip said:
Four of us from the UK have just moved to Palermo for the month and we are keen for some five-a-side. There are some good pitches in the park next to Bulnes subway stop. 125 pesos for the hour, outdoor pitches. Anyone keen?

I walk past here all the time and am dying to play there. I'm a chick, but for the past few weeks I finally found a group of argentine guys to play with, but I would like more stuff during the week. Wednesday nights would be perfect. Def count me in... Well that is if you're not scared!! My argentine "amigovio" has already told me that he doesn't want to play with me, bc his ego can't take me playing better than him. Go figure..!

Okay, so is it looking like Bulnes pitches? that's fine by me, anyone going to take the bull by the horns on this one?... do we need to book a time? do we need to speak Spanish to do that, in which case I'm a dud. I'll play whenever, cant wait to get out and play now... how many do we have for definite ?.. I count Legilber, Nick 0518, me (brett), Ecrphilip x 4 (right?), eschal, Steve D8 + 1, TarHeelBluze,

So we've got 11, how we gonna set this up? normally I find in London the numbers who at first say they'll play dwindle down a little when it comes to the actual day, lives to be lived and all that, but looking outside right now I cant think of anywhere Id rather be, so I'm guessing here we'll likely have too many, rather than too few, we could play rolling subs anyway, maybe theres enough in the end to fill four teams of five, who knows,

so whats the craic?

Lets pick a day and get things sorted out, wednesday nights are fine by me, but I'd love a game sooner than that if anyone is up for it, even just a kick about in the park or something. I don't have boots, but I'm guessing the ground gets pretty hard out here in the summer? pair of five a side shoes should serve most purposes I reckon, anyone know a cheap ass place to pick up a pair. I'm skint.

Dont know how serious this is going to be, but are you allowed to play without shin pads here if you rent a place? daft rule in London said you needed them where I used to play, but i'm guessing its not so strict here.

jeez, I might have to go for a run right now and attempt to sort out my fitness.

cheers

I never use shinguards, when I play with guys, co-ed, whatever. I just talked to my roommate, an argentine guy who plays soccer all the time, and he just said that most likely at las heras, it's all tournament games. Buuut, he wasn't completely sure. He also said that if it was earlier, it could be easier to get a time. I can head over there now, as its right across the street and ask.

I'm ok just playing around in a park until we get a place solidified.

Hi,

I am happy to join for games, but at a low pace with a messed up knee. But love the game too much to resist.
Live in recoleta Area but will travel where we play.

Maurice

I have just arrived in BA from the UK and would be keen to play, if you haven't already got to many. Don't mind the time or place.

Cheers,
Mark

I'm down to try out the Bulnes Pitches anytime. However, I would also love to play outside versus inside because of the gorgeous weather...and it's FREE like it should be. I live near Puerto Madero, I believe there is some playing space down by the El Parque Ecologico, plus they got the Chori Mobils where we can get some beers and sit outside aftwards. Heck we can even get started today or tomorrow? Anybody down?

I went there last night, but no one could tell me an actual phone number of who to call. I got a lot of, "Oh, I think it's a nacho, or pablo, or tio alejandro, blah blah." but I did just find this online

http://www.cultour.com.ar/actividades_ba.php

I wouldn't mind meeting up in puerto madro tomorrow in the morning (maybe 11 or so) to play around. I work at YPF and have looked around at the fields. Some of them are from the high school, but there are parks on juana manso.

Hey guys, so what's the deal here? we getting this thing together, have any of you played yet? what about Wednesday or Thursday this week?

Back