PLEASE HELP!! Looking for work and fast becoming disillusioned...

annaholness

Registered
Hi there,

I am a British girl desperately looking for work here in Buenos Aires and am, so far, having no luck whatsoever. My Spanish skills are basic so that limits me somewhat but I am happy to do anything just to start receiving an income. Does anyone have any good links to websites or perhaps know of any telesales companies that I could contact? I would be so so grateful for any advice as Im really struggling. My best friend has just left so I am alone...with little cash....and rubbish Spanish skills....all conducive to not having much fun Am determined however, so would receive any advice most gratefully. Perhaps you also know of some free Spanish exchanges. Anything to keep busy and start improving my time here.

Thank you so much in advance....I hope to hear from some of you.

Anna.

Anna, if you're OK with a call center job, there's a company called teletech that hires English speakers, I think you apply at a website called hirepoint.com or something like that.

Hello

Have a look at computrabajo, craigslist, conversation classes for people who already know English but need to improve their level can be also advertised on craigslist.
People who are studying to be translators need to improve their levels as well, just a thought.
Thousands of people need English and you can offer that possibility!! they need it for better jobs, studying abroad and you know the language, all the best!!
Reina

I have been in Argentina for a while. Its great if you have some cash, but with no money it could become a nightmare. Work is hard to find and you don't get paid for ages.

If you are not feeling strong and have been having a bad time for awhile I would say it would be best to go back to the UK before things get really tough.

are u legal here? from my experience call centres only hire ppl who are legally able to work. im sorry ure not having a good time. its not an easy city to live in and after being here for almost 6 years ive noticed that the prices of things have increased like crazy and its harder and harder to make a living from teaching englihsh. i dont know of anywhere that offers free spanish but there are some places that they have cheap classes. there is southamericanexplorers and there was something called spanish exchange or something like that where they did these weekly meet ups with english and spanish speakers to chat to each other. or u could just advertise on craigslist.
good luck with everything and if u need some more advice feel free to send me a PM.

If you can clean, cook, etc you can try to get a job as a maid for some expat family for example ( assuming you are really struggling )

Back