Please Help, Still Looking

Thank you so much everyone who is offering help! This kitten has a bunch of people looking out for him now which is so lovely.

Today I received a warning from a cat website I'd advertised on with a reply from 'Matias', urgently looking for a kitten 2-3 months old. Turns out he's well-known as being part of an 'umbanda' group who like to sacrifice black kittens in particular. I can't quite believe it. Totally insane.

We have a farm. We had mice/rats. Now we have cats and very few mice/rats. Hence why they are barn cats. And our resident owls do a lot more to reduce the bird population than our cats although I'm happy when any of them kill the damn pigeons.

Our barn cats have all been cats that were dumped or found their way onto the property. When a stray shows up, they get fixed and can stay as long as they want. I have 4 outdoor cats now. It's not a bad life for them. They are fed 2x a day, always have water, they're fixed, dewormed, get their flea meds, go to the vet if something is wrong and get to hunt and since our property is enclosed, they don't need to worry about being killed by a stray dog or a car or starving to death. And they seem quite happy snuggled up in the hay loft.

Like I said, I would always prefer a cat have an indoor home but being a barn cat is a lot better than the alternative that these cats faced.

Thank you for the offer! Sounds like you're doing a great thing. Are you far from capital?

I could potentially help in June if you are in a pinch at least by offering another temporary home - but I have a puppy and he's traditionally scared of cats, has barked at them, etc. I'm not sure how that integration would go? Could possibly be OK if he get's used to her but I don't know! I also have a friend who might take him - let me ask!

Thanks so much! We had him for two days originally but our dog who is also from the street reacted really violently. He met another friend's dog a day later and was understandably nervous. But he's young enough I think he could overcome that.

Espanna - we're about 35 minutes outside of Capital. Let me know if you can't find him a home and we can coordinate. Hopefully someone wants a cute snuggly kitten as a pet but if not, he's welcome here.

Thank you so much everyone who is offering help! This kitten has a bunch of people looking out for him now which is so lovely.

Today I received a warning from a cat website I'd advertised on with a reply from 'Matias', urgently looking for a kitten 2-3 months old. Turns out he's well-known as being part of an 'umbanda' group who like to sacrifice black kittens in particular. I can't quite believe it. Totally insane.

I know you wont believe me, but Im tottally innocent!! :p
I like cats, a lot in fact, they are loyal, not as dogs, but they do respond to their owner.

I know you wont believe me, but Im tottally innocent!! :p
I like cats, a lot in fact, they are loyal, not as dogs, but they do respond to their owner.
Earlier today, I had to force myself to refrain from making a Matias joke.

Back