Poll: Which will kill more Argentines: the COV-19 Virus or the Quarantine?

Which will kill more Argentines: the Virus or the Quarantine in the next two years?

• The Corona Virus

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • The Quarantine

Votes: 23 60.5%
  • About the Same

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters
In three months time, people watching the economic disaster on the news will be saying: "Fu*k, maybe that quarantine thing wasn't such a good idea after all..."

The mortality rates from COVID-19 compared to the annual flu challenges the view that government lock-down was to save lives.

COVID-19 figures as reported 14th April 2020.

United States

COVID-19 morality 23,604 compared to annual flu mortality of 42,000, 56%

New Zealand

COVID-19 mortality 5 compared to annual flu mortality of 606, 0.8%

Australia

COVID-19 mortality 61 compared to annual flu mortality of 1,255, 4.9%

Sweden

COVID-19 mortality 919 compared to annual flu mortality of 504, 182%

Worldwide

COVID-19 mortality 119,666 compared to annual flu mortality of 389,000, 31%

When was the last time the world was shut down to prevent deaths from annual flu?

How close are the US figures to the 1.4 to 2.2 million deaths originally forecast by the White House that gave justification to the lockdown?

Percentages from Sweden act as the control sample because of their low level shutdown. Figures are higher yes. Are they high enough to warrant the shutdown of an economy and lockdown of its people?

Every human death is a personal tragedy. But people do, and continue to die. Since the first death from COVID-19 in late December worldwide deaths include:

Heart Attack, 4.4 million

Cancer, 2.4 million

Diabetes, 425,000

Suicide, 198,000

In three months time, people watching the economic disaster on the news will be saying: "Fu*k, maybe that quarantine thing wasn't such a good idea after all..."

STFU and Go Away

Covid-19 and annual flu mortality compared

Yeah, let's extend the same fine logic to other events as well.

Statement.
More people died from flu in 1938, than killed during the very first month of the World War II.

Conclusion.
The World War II is not important, because common flu is much more dangerous. People are just overreacting.

Reactions: ben
Yeah, let's extend the same fine logic to other events as well.

Statement.
More people died from flu in 1938, than killed during the very first month of the World War II.

Conclusion.
The World War II is not important, because common flu is much more dangerous. People are just overreacting.
The flu and Corona virus are both viruses and communicable diseases and World War II is not...

You might consider studying what a "false analogy" is if you want to take up debating as a hobby: https://lifestyle.iloveindia.com/lounge/false-analogy-examples-12438.html

You might consider studying what a "false analogy"

You just do not understand where is the analogy here. You are comparing facts that are already established with anticipated results of an event in progress with an unknown outcome.

We were told by the "experts" that the pandemic is going to overwhelm the health sector. Tons of empty beds everywhere. I bet dollars to donuts that the new hospital that Alberto just opened recently is also largely vacant.

Meanwhile in the US West Coast epicenter of Corona , Seattle: https://www.military.com/daily-news...r-3-days-without-treating-single-patient.html

We were told by the "experts" that the pandemic is going to overwhelm the health sector.
Looking at what happened in Italy, I would say it is a reasonable assumption.

It is better to be safe than sorry.

Or look at it this way: because of a great success of quarantine measures implemented in Seattle on March 23rd, some recently constructed temporary hospital facilities happened to be underutilized.

Looking at what happened in Italy, I would say it is a reasonable assumption.

It is better to be safe than sorry.

Or look at it this way: because of a great success of quarantine measures implemented in Seattle on March 23rd, some recently constructed temporary hospital facilities happened to be underutilized.

I think you know that the Great Flu Pandemic of 1918 came in three waves . The Who . expects this to be the same and that the next waves will be more virulent than the first wave . Cuomo mentioned to the world not to be complacent and to learn from the past .

I think you know that the Great Flu Pandemic of 1918 came in three waves .

I don't. But I know that China is very afraid of a possibility of a second wave right now.

The Who . expects this to be the same and that the next waves will be more virulent than the first wave . Cuomo mentioned to the world not to be complacent and to learn from the past .

I don't get your point. There will be more waves, so we don't need more hospitals?

Back