Poll: Which will kill more Argentines: the COV-19 Virus or the Quarantine?

Which will kill more Argentines: the Virus or the Quarantine in the next two years?

• The Corona Virus

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • The Quarantine

Votes: 23 60.5%
  • About the Same

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters
That's disingenuous. I didn't say estimate (on purpose), I said example.

You think Argentina will be able to roll out an immunity test and card for its population and I don't think there is any evidence of Argentine organization that suggests that is the case. We'll see.
Or you mean this:

This is a technical issue. With PCR tests, you need to send your sample to a lab and number of available PCR machines is limiting. (Relatively) cheap PCR machine can process 96 samples in like 8 hours.

Test for antibodies will be done in 15 minutes on the spot. That's why everybody is so excited about it.
Argentina can barely keep the electricity going during the summer. Lol at this country managing to scale up testing.

Yes thanks to our reality TV show president thousands have died. But the us will eventually get its act together. Argentina?

WOW! Quoting that article about CSPR's creation:
View attachment 6816

I think this is legit. A bit overhyped as nac and pop invention, but otherwise legit.
The CRISPR technology itself is well established (not developed in the Argentina, though).
But they did use it for dengue tests here and from what I can say it is easily adaptable for coronavirus tests.

Yes thanks to our reality TV show president thousands have died. But the us will eventually get its act together. Argentina?
I really hope they can contain this mess in the USA asap.
Argentina is doing better because of its leadership and public universities, hospitals and scientific institutes like Malbran, CONICET, INTA, CIVETAN.
This is why the Malbran identified 3 new strains unknown until now in the world. This is a very important step for vaccines.
At CIVETAM they were studing the use of ivermectim in humans for several years so, if it is true that it works with COVID-19, it can be available very soon because it is already approved the use in humans (the study in Australia was in vitro).
The problem with electricity in Argentina is because it is not public. The same happens in the United Stated with Health.
What makes no sense is how, having so much resources, this is happening in the USA.
I read that Obamacare was looking to mitigate the lack of social insurance and that he created an anti virus team, both dismissed by Trump. Is that true?

Last edited:
Argentina is doing better because of its leadership and public universities, hospitals and scientific institutes like Malbran, CONICET, INTA, CIVETAN.

You can not compare Malbran with USA centers like Johns Hopkins and Stanford. They are in different leagues.
And Argentinean advantage in leadership is questionable, even with Trump in power in the USA.

You can not compare Malbran with USA centers like Johns Hopkins and Stanford. They are in different leagues.
And Argentinean advantage in leadership is questionable, even with Trump in power in the USA.
The key is not what you might discover, instead, what you do with this new knowledge. In Argentina is going to be shared for free, in the USA I don’t think so. As you can see in NYC is poor people who is suffering it most.
For Leadership I ment the President we have who is focus on health while who the hell knows what Trump was doing besides ignoring early alert.
It is not a matter of racial supremacy but advantages and disadvantages of different social models. I was in NYC living for a year, and I decided to break up with my fiance and come back because I realized the huge lacks in the health system based on private insurances.
A stronger public health system works better during a pandemia.

In Argentina is going to be shared for free, in the USA I don’t think so.
This is a global emergency. Normal intellectual property laws do not apply here. If any country makes a serious breakthrough and tries to monopolize it, the results will be published on wikileaks.
For Leadership I ment the President we have who is focus on health
First he focused on the economy, and now he focuses on health issues. I get it.

Last edited:
Back