Poll: Which will kill more Argentines: the COV-19 Virus or the Quarantine?

Which will kill more Argentines: the Virus or the Quarantine in the next two years?

• The Corona Virus

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • The Quarantine

Votes: 23 60.5%
  • About the Same

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters
You can not compare Malbran with USA centers like Johns Hopkins and Stanford. They are in different leagues.
And Argentinean advantage in leadership is questionable, even with Trump in power in the USA.
#1 please support your position on Malbran, apart from their underfunding.
#2 Contemporaneously you must not be reading the daily news - the current Argentina government looks organized and well co-ordinated with the provincial governments. Carefully gauging their actions and promoting science. The current US government is a freak show, with Trump et al and McConnell and Republicans striving to maintain power at the demonstrated cost of thousands of lives and the risk of destroying the democracy. With little or no co-ordination with states and cities while demanding fealty to a constant stream of obstruction, lies and perversions.

If this testing story is true, not only could it save many lives, get Argentina back from shutdown but, through licensing around the world could be a jumpstart to the failing economy.

T/

... through licensing around the world could be a jumpstart to the failing economy.
Yeah, this is the way for Argentina to get rich :)

At the University of Washington School of Medicine, virologist Keith Jerome’s group is validating and optimizing the SHERLOCK test co-developed by CRISPR pioneer Feng Zhang at the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Zhang says he has sent some 1,600 kits to a dozen labs around the world.

And Mammoth Biosciences, a biotechnology company in South San Francisco, California, co-founded by CRISPR pioneer Jennifer Doudna at the University of California, Berkeley, is working to validate a CRISPR-based approach called DETECTR for coronavirus.

For sure the issues are not related to science but, instead, in ideology and politics: horrible political decisions in the cases of Italy, Spain, Brasil, Chile, Ecuador, the UK, Sweden and the USA.
And here there is something important Malbran did: they discovered 3 strains new. It means that the test that are not tuned to this discover are useless, including the test developed at Stanford you can see at their website. For sure some people is going to make billions and the University is going to get a lot of money with a test of doubtful reliability.
The virus data worldwide base is in Germany. Argentina already gave this discovered for free and it was recognize as legitimate. Now all the researchers all around the world has access to it.
Regarding CIVETAN-CONICET, they are the only institut around the world that was studing for 40 years the use of ivermectin in humans and the only one in the world who has already passes all the test in humans but you quote a ranking of instituts. Right. FYI regarding ivermectin in Humans CIVETAN is number 1 in the world. The study made in Australia was made in vitro. It means they are years behind.
So, this is the difference between private and public research institution: at CONICET they were studying a very reliable vet molecule for using in humans even this was profitless and this is why they are no less than 10 years more advanced in this topic than the institutions you mentioned.
However, this info is open source. I hope they are not arrogant and use it.

And here there is something important Malbran did: they discovered 3 strains new. It means that the test that are not tuned to this discover are useless, including the test developed at Stanford you can see at their website. For sure some people is going to make billions and the University is going to get a lot of money with a test of doubtful reliability.
Is this true? Could you provide the relevant scientific papers please? I searched but could not find anythign, not even in newspapers.

I thought Malbran found the complete genome of three patients? Which means they discovered the origin of circulation and can help to decipher how the virus has mutated and circulated. In other words, there are three known strains of COVID-19 and Malbran idenitified those three circulations are present in Argentina. While the Type A genetic history of SARS-COV-2 comes from bats, it isn't the strain that spread quickly through Wuhan. Tha strain was Type B, which is (obviously) a mutated strain of Type A.

Interestingly, studies in the United States have shows two-thirds of its population have Type A, whereas Type B is more common in Europe. In other words, the spread of the virus in those locations came from two different mutations, for the most part (the original strain and the Type B mutation).

Then there is Type C, which is (obviously) the second mutation of Type A and the "daughter" strain of Type C. This is currently less common, but is prevelent in some countries, such as Singapore.

So, three strains, the original believed to be bat-originated Type A, and then two mutations of it.

Everything I have read about Malbran, including the scientific literature they supplied about their discovery is they charted the origin of the three strains of COVID-19 and not discovered three new strains. Are you saying they discovered a Type D, Type E, and Type F? I would love to read the scientific papers (not a newspaper) on that discovery, but I cannot find them.

Is this true? Could you provide the relevant scientific papers please? I searched but could not find anythign, not even in newspapers.

I thought Malbran found the complete genome of three patients? Which means they discovered the origin of circulation and can help to decipher how the virus has mutated and circulated. In other words, there are three known strains of COVID-19 and Malbran idenitified those three circulations are present in Argentina. While the Type A genetic history of SARS-COV-2 comes from bats, it isn't the strain that spread quickly through Wuhan. Tha strain was Type B, which is (obviously) a mutated strain of Type A.

Interestingly, studies in the United States have shows two-thirds of its population have Type A, whereas Type B is more common in Europe. In other words, the spread of the virus in those locations came from two different mutations, for the most part (the original strain and the Type B mutation).

Then there is Type C, which is (obviously) the second mutation of Type A and the "daughter" strain of Type C. This is currently less common, but is prevelent in some countries, such as Singapore.

So, three strains, the original believed to be bat-originated Type A, and then two mutations of it.

Everything I have read about Malbran, including the scientific literature they supplied about their discovery is they charted the origin of the three strains of COVID-19 and not discovered three new strains. Are you saying they discovered a Type D, Type E, and Type F? I would love to read the scientific papers (not a newspaper) on that discovery, but I cannot find them.
Let me ask my sister, who is a researcher about Covid-19 at CONICET, where can you find this info. Her reply might delay as soon as she is working 24/7 on a molecule that prevents the spreading.
However, if you look for this institute in Germany, the information there is available.

Let me ask my sister, who is a researcher about Covid-19 at CONICET, where can you find this info. Her reply might delay as soon as she is working 24/7 on a molecule that prevents the spreading.
However, if you look for this institute in Germany, the information there is available.
Which institute in Germany? You didn't name it. If you provide the name I will check.

Back