Pope Francis is as Argentine as it gets

I have't in the least distorted the truth. I've been following this crisis for years. If you read what I have said I very definitely blame the Church for what has happened. For decades these crimes were covered up and predator priests were often reassigned to commit the crimes again. Go back and read what I wrote. Pedophilia is in fact a small fraction of the sex crimes committed by abuser priests but whether one crime or thousands all such crimes are reprehensible. Most of the abuse cases were with teens so that is not pedophilia. You seem to be saying that most crimes were committed with men over 18 which makes the offense less grievous, no? Still wrong because priests are supposed to be celibate but not as serious as acts involving teens or worse, pre pubescent children. This is what you seem to be saying and if so, you contradict yourself. I am the one addressing the seriousness of the problem but YOU are saying that the crimes were less serious as they involved men 18 or older who had passed the age of consent and were capable of making their own decisions.

STOP.. Totally WRONG.. YOU MISUNDERSTAND and confuse EVERYTHING... I BELIEVE YOU DO IT ON PURPOSE? .Do not put words in my mouth...

You say ? pedophilia cases by priests are only a small fraction.. yes perhaps 10'% You Say ? of thousands of cases in Boston , Philadelphia, California, and elsewhere in the world so we are talking of hundreds Sickening..

Homosexual priests that have sex with men over 18 just break the Celibacy Vow. And may be sued for sex harassment...

All those abusing priests should be convicted by the Law, should go to jail and be abused by other inmates as it happens to minor abusers in prison..

BTW you have written in a previous posts that Pedophilia is a Disease.....:rolleyes: you also consider homosexuality a disease??:rolleyes: Get informed...
Sexual preferences ceased to be considered diseases many many years ago.
Tell me, These Diseases can be cured by electroshock or therapy ? :eek: Like in the Inquisition Times

STOP.. Totally WRONG.. YOU MISUNDERSTAND and confuse EVERYTHING... I BELIEVE YOU DO IT ON PURPOSE? .Do not put words in my mouth...

You say ? pedophilia cases by priests are only a small fraction.. yes perhaps 10'% You Say ? of thousands of cases in Boston , Philadelphia, California, and elsewhere in the world so we are talking of hundreds Sickening..

Homosexual priests that have sex with men over 18 just break the Celibacy Vow. And may be sued for sex harassment...

All those abusing priests should be convicted by the Law, should go to jail and be abused by other inmates as it happens to minor abusers in prison..

BTW you have written in a previous posts that Pedophilia is a Disease.....:rolleyes: you also consider homosexuality a disease??:rolleyes: Get informed...
Sexual preferences ceased to be considered diseases many many years ago.
Tell me, These Diseases can be cured by electroshock or therapy ? :eek: Like in the Inquisition Times

Yes, pedophilia cases are a small fraction. And yes if they are 10% they are still a lot. The thousands that you speak of, however, go back decades. Many have long passed the statute of limitations so they are not all necessarily recent. These cases of abuse are not limited to the US. We know that there were many in Argentina (Fr. Grassi, for example) and Chile.

Yes, any sexual activity by priests breaks the vow of celibacy. Some may be sued for harassment. Cardinal McCarrick is a prime example
Yes, these abusing priests should be tried and given appropriate sentences the same as anyone else. I don't believe that they should be abused by other prisoners however. I'm not a believer in this sort of punishment. It would be nothing more than revenge.

If pedophilia isn't a mental illness, then what is it? I am not aware that any society / psychiatric association considers it acceptable behavior.

I doubt very much that sexual orientation can be changed by electric shock therapy. I believe that's been discredited.

It seems that we agree on most points.

Sergio... You always kick the ball out of the Court... You rebuff " Not only in the USA"... "Was too long ago some Crimes have prescribed"? Why Do you want to Cover up the Crimes of Priests

I will call this a draw you will always find ways find more Excuses, excuses to justify The Vatican....!

Yes, pedophilia cases are a small fraction. And yes if they are 10% they are still a lot. The thousands that you speak of, however, go back decades. Many have long passed the statute of limitations so they are not all necessarily recent. These cases of abuse are not limited to the US. We know that there were many in Argentina (Fr. Grassi, for example) and Chile.

Yes, any sexual activity by priests breaks the vow of celibacy. Some may be sued for harassment. Cardinal McCarrick is a prime example
Yes, these abusing priests should be tried and given appropriate sentences the same as anyone else. I don't believe that they should be abused by other prisoners however. I'm not a believer in this sort of punishment. It would be nothing more than revenge.

If pedophilia isn't a mental illness, then what is it? I am not aware that any society / psychiatric association considers it acceptable behavior.

I doubt very much that sexual orientation can be changed by electric shock therapy. I believe that's been discredited.

It seems that we agree on most points.

Pedophilia....! Not an illness but a disorder...

https://doctor.ndtv.com/living-healthy/pedophilia-a-disorder-not-a-crime-1800175

"...Pedophilia is not a choice.

No one with a morally correct background chooses to become a pedophile. It is not in one's hand to choose who they are sexually attracted to. Pedophilia develops with age and is generally, self-discovered. It is not, by any chance, a choice. It is a disorder of sexual preference, and is phenomenologically similar to a heterosexual or homosexual sexual orientation. But pedophilic acts can cause harm. The best way to deal with it and refrain from it is to go to a therapist.

Pedophilia....! Not an illness but a disorder...

https://doctor.ndtv.com/living-healthy/pedophilia-a-disorder-not-a-crime-1800175

"...Pedophilia is not a choice.

No one with a morally correct background chooses to become a pedophile. It is not in one's hand to choose who they are sexually attracted to. Pedophilia develops with age and is generally, self-discovered. It is not, by any chance, a choice. It is a disorder of sexual preference, and is phenomenologically similar to a heterosexual or homosexual sexual orientation. But pedophilic acts can cause harm. The best way to deal with it and refrain from it is to go to a therapist.

I agree. It makes no sense that anyone would freely choose to be attracted to children. As you say, pedophiles cause great harm to children.

Back