Portable Wifi Router

TheDonald

Registered
I rent an apartment in Recoleta. I work on the internet and am having frequent connectivity problems. Has anyone solved this with a portable wifi router?

If you have or looked into it, any details please?

not really sure of your question exactly with respect to being portable. are you looking to change the router with your own?

I could not get good wifi in different rooms of our apartment. I then bought several Google Mesh pods, and the problem was solved. Eero has a similar system. Hope this helps.

There are two separate issues- the modem that your internet provider has supplied- in my case, a black box from Fibertel.
And your own additional wi-fi router.
I have used both apple airport and google mesh routers, and both work well.
But they are unable to work if you are not getting a good internet connection in the first place.
In my house, the problem is ALWAYS with fibertel, not my routers.
And there is nothing a different router will do about that.
As some people suggested, you may be able to use your phone, and not a hardwired internet connection- but that is usually more expensive.

I think some people were hooking up DSL along with their broadband. So when the broadband went down, they just switched to the DSL. I don't know if DSL is available anymore in BA. But if so, you could run dual providers.

I just bought a TP Link router for some rooms in my house. It seems to be working well. They costs around $2000 pesos in any computer store, like Garbarino.

Back