Portenos are Italians in temperament

I agree with Sara and cannot imagine any of the characters famous in Argentina ever coming out of Uruguay or Chile . Compare Christina Fernandez Kirchner to Michelle Bachelet of Chile and see the cultural difference.

Can anyone imagine Evita or Che or Juan Peron being Chilean or Uruguyuan?

pericles said:
I agree with Sara and cannot imagine any of the characters famous in Argentina ever coming out of Uruguay or Chile . Compare Christina Fernandez Kirchner to Michelle Bachelet of Chile and see the cultural difference.

Can anyone imagine Evita or Che or Juan Peron being Chilean or Uruguyuan?

Well Sara is actually an Argentine according to her prior posts, my guess is there is a little basis toward Argentina. You have summed up Argentina's problems succinctly stating that Evita, Juan, Che, come from here. Personally I would rather have Michelle, real progress, versus what we have here.

I assume that by "basis" you meant bias. I don't think I'm biased one way or another - I was born in Argentina but spent all my life in the States. I just call it as i see it - have no desire to prove that one country is better than the other.

I wonder whether you have read my posts closely enough. Why assume that lively and noisy is better than quiet and polite? It all depends on personal preference.

Sounds to me like you are determined to prove me wrong. So go ahead and have fun - it's all right with me.

"gouchobob wrote: Well Sara is actually an Argentine according to her prior posts, my guess is there is a little basis toward Argentina. You have summed up Argentina's problems succinctly stating that Evita, Juan, Che, come from here. Personally I would rather have Michelle, real progress, versus what we have here."

SaraSara said:
I assume that by "basis" you meant bias. I don't think I'm biased one way or another - I was born in Argentina but spent all my life in the States. I just call it as i see it - have no desire to prove that one country is better than the other.

I wonder whether you have read my posts closely enough. Why assume that lively and noisy is better than quiet and polite? It all depends on personal preference.

Sounds to me like you are determined to prove me wrong. So go ahead and have fun - it's all right with me.

"gouchobob wrote: Well Sara is actually an Argentine according to her prior posts, my guess is there is a little basis toward Argentina. You have summed up Argentina's problems succinctly stating that Evita, Juan, Che, come from here. Personally I would rather have Michelle, real progress, versus what we have here."

Not trying to prove you wrong, but there is definite pro Argentina bias in your posts, at times crossing the border of nasty.

Not trying to prove you wrong, but there is definite pro Argentina bias in your posts, at times crossing the border of nasty.

How come! Sara likes Argentina and chose to live there. One would be stupid to choose a country one hates to live in! :rolleyes:

malbec said:
How come! Sara likes Argentina and chose to live there. One would be stupid to choose a country one hates to live in! :rolleyes:

Sara is from ARGENTINA, she didn't chose it. She can post what-ever she wishes too but I wish they would be a bit more balanced. I've lived and Italy and comparisons with Argentina on the whole aren't valid, they are two different places entirely. I know a lot of Argentines like to think that Argentina is only one step removed from Italy but it's really not very close at all.

Hey folks I know Sara and she lives in Uruguay and BA. I don't believe I ever heard her say or write she hates Uruguay. I have read many posts here complaining about life here. Nowhere is perfect. I like this forum very much and have learned much from all. Feel free to fire away

As I suspected, Gouchobob is dead set on painting me as wrong, biased, and now "crossing the border of nasty". I give up - there's no use in arguing with someone whose mind is made up.

As far as I'm concerned, he can have his fun - it's no big deal.

Thanks for your support, Pericles. Sounds like gouchobob carries a chip on his shoulder the size of a railroad tie.

Perhaps it is just that he has trouble with written English - he doesn't seem to fully understand what's posted, and contradicts himself in his own posts:

"Well maybe but a Colonia to B.A. comparison is sort of apples and oranges anyway isn't it? One is a big city and the other a small town. It might make more sense to compare big cities with small towns." ?????????

On that note, I'll say goodbye to gouchobob. This biased and nasty Argentinian has had enough.

Back