Portenos are Italians in temperament

pericles said:
Sara I would not worry about gouchobob opinion as noone else does. People like him remind me of the famous anti argentine journalist who writes for the Wall Street Journal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_O'Grady.

Actually, I don't pay much attention to your posts either, I've read enough over time that I can guess what you are going say before I read them. Sadly, you impress me as someone who is trying very hard to be more Argentine than the Argentines. My guess is you do this in the hopes you will someday be accepted by the locals. This makes it hard to have meaningful discussions on this board as you appear very closed minded and view anybody who dares make a negative comment as anti Argentine which is not the case. BTW I doubt Mary O'Grady is anti Argentine, she probably anti the current government which is a big difference.

SaraSara said:
Thanks for your support, Pericles. Sounds like gouchobob carries a chip on his shoulder the size of a railroad tie.

Perhaps it is just that he has trouble with written English - he doesn't seem to fully understand what's posted, and contradicts himself in his own posts:

"Well maybe but a Colonia to B.A. comparison is sort of apples and oranges anyway isn't it? One is a big city and the other a small town. It might make more sense to compare big cities with small towns." ?????????

On that note, I'll say goodbye to gouchobob. This biased and nasty Argentinian has had enough.

I think you might be misrepresenting what I am saying.. You are trying to explain cultural differences based at least in part on ancestry of the people at least that what I thought you were doing. My only points were that cultural differences comparing Colonia to B.A. probably had more to do with one being a big city and the other a small town. If I misunderstood you points I apologize. BTW my statement didn't make much sense as you noted in the above quote.

Apology accepted, gouchobob.

I believe you misundertood my posts, and missed my point entirely. I never talked about Colonia versus Buenos Aires, or Uruguay versus Argentina, or Hispanic versus Italian ancestries.

I was talking about differences in TEMPERAMENT. Can't put it more clearly than that.

SaraSara said:
Apology accepted, gouchobob.

I believe you misundertood my posts, and missed my point entirely. I never talked about Colonia versus Buenos Aires, or Uruguay versus Argentina, or Hispanic versus Italian ancestries.

I was talking about differences in TEMPERAMENT. Can't put it more clearly than that.
Your temperament seems like a Mongolian hunting a slav on the eastern European steppe.

TheJag said:
Your temperament seems like a Mongolian hunting a slav on the eastern European steppe.

I'm flattered beyond words. Thanks for the compliment.

:eek: hahahaha...... or is she still in UY guarding the estancia?

She's still in Colonia - unfortunately, Buquebus doesn't take cages that large.

Back