Posgrado En La Uba - Help Please

srtamollygreen

Registered
Greetings,

I apologize in advance if there is a post somewhere in cyberspace that I cannot find that already addresses my questions. I have spent hours online trying to get two answers to the following questions. I would greatly appreciate your help if someone out there knows!

- When does one have to apply for the next term at the UBA? If I want to start a carrera de posgrado in the UBA in March for example, do I have to apply by this August or do I have more time?

I have read the below, but I don't understand if they mean to start in March you have to apply the August prior or if you just have to apply by said March...:
La inscripción deberá realizarse en marzo y agosto de cada año abonando por adelantado los meses de marzo a julio y de agosto a diciembre mediante la adhesión al débito automático con tarjeta de crédito o cancelando dichos meses en forma total en efectivo. Se estable un descuento del 10% para aquellos que abonen por adelantado junto con el vencimiento de la primera cuota la totalidad del ciclo lectivo 2016 en efectivo o se le bonificará la última cuota en caso de adherirse al pago en cuotas por débito automático con tarjeta de crédito.

- I read that one has to present themselves at the graduate office in order to apply (together with the required documents) BUT that it is an option to send the documents via snail mail. Has anyone done this and was it effective? I have witnessed first hand way too many times the unreliability of the postal system in Argentina, so I understand why it is recommended to do it in person. However, depending on the answer to my first question, I will either have to wait another term before starting or I will have to try mailing.

Please, please, PLEASE share your insights. I'm so ready to start studying again.

Desde ya, MUCHISIMAS gracias!!

Someone else who has gone through the process might be able to help more, but as far as I know I don't think you need to apply for posgrados at UBA. You just sign up, submit all the required documentation for review, pay up, and that's it. Unless there's a problem with your documentation, I don't think they reject anyone.

The text you pasted says that you must sign up in March (for the fall term / primer semestre) and in August (for the spring term / segundo semestre) and you have to pay for the term in advance. You can pay monthly with credit card (this option is débito automático, meaning that you authorize them to charge your card every month for the whole term), or in cash in advance (you'll get a 10% discount for this).

Good luck!

Thank you for your response and although I do appreciate your good will, it does not address my questions.

My first question is regarding presenting my documents not in person (via standard mail instead) and its efficacy. I am aware of the enrollment process and do understand what I have read online.

My other question with regards to when to apply is regarding if they mean March of the same term or if they mean the August prior to the term--in which case I would need to apply and enroll this coming month for March of 2017.

Again, I do appreciate the response but those are things I already understand.

Kindest Regards!

Good news, gente!

A friend of mine spoke to the post graduate department for me and found out that you can enroll up until the month that the term starts.

I will update this post to benefit others in the future when I get more answers--which will be soon since I am now in contact with the correct people. :)

The text that you
Thank you for your response and although I do appreciate your good will, it does not address my questions.

My first question is regarding presenting my documents not in person (via standard mail instead) and its efficacy. I am aware of the enrollment process and do understand what I have read online.

My other question with regards to when to apply is regarding if they mean March of the same term or if they mean the August prior to the term--in which case I would need to apply and enroll this coming month for March of 2017.

Again, I do appreciate the response but those are things I already understand.

Kindest Regards!

The text says:

Enrollment is in March and August of each year, and requires a prepayment for the months of March through July and August through December either by way of automatic monthly payments with a credit card or a full cash payment for the months stated above. A 10% discount is in effect for those who pay the entirety of the tuition for the 2016 scholastic year in cash prior to the first installment deadline. For those who pay monthly installments via credit card, they will be credited a discount for the final payment of the year.

La inscripción deberá realizarse en marzo y agosto de cada año abonando por adelantado los meses de marzo a julio y de agosto a diciembre mediante la adhesión al débito automático con tarjeta de crédito o cancelando dichos meses en forma total en efectivo. Se estable un descuento del 10% para aquellos que abonen por adelantado junto con el vencimiento de la primera cuota la totalidad del ciclo lectivo 2016 en efectivo o se le bonificará la última cuota en caso de adherirse al pago en cuotas por débito automático con tarjeta de crédito.

Back