Power Blackout In Recoleta & Palermo May Continue....!

Yeah at least when we lost power in the suburbs, we were in a two-story house and it wouldn't usually last more than a day or two. I honestly can't imagine what it would be like for us without power for days on end. Hell, I'd probably end up losing my two clients that I have and end up destitute!

My heart goes out to you all and to the Argentinos that are caught in this crap.

Don't know if it's for elections or because it's recoleta, coverage of this disaster is quite good. 2 years ago media didn't make much headlines about people being more than month without electricity (my colleague with 2 kids for example). They got discounts on electricity bills later though, I guess that settled it...
I'm telling you all, it was done on purpose to make Macri look bad this close to the elections. And of course there's going to be good media coverage of this because of that :) It's working too. My wife was in a taxi today and the driver was complaining about the lack of electricity (he lives within the affected area) and was directly blaming Macri. I admit I haven't been watching the news on this, so I don't know if the media itself is blaming Macri (aside from that article posted yesterday) but the word sure is getting around it seems.

Because more than half of the apt owners/occupants live on the third floor or below and they are incredibly cheap, those of us above the third floor always get outvoted because the owners of many of these apartments don't live in them and could care less... I personally would LOVE a back up generator but have already been met with a wall of silence at every owners meeting I've been to. They don't care, they can just walk up one or maximum two flights of stairs. They also have been elected to the board. Nepotism and lack of respect for others. Such is a microcosm of life in Argentina! By the way STILL without power and water.

I'm telling you all, it was done on purpose to make Macri look bad this close to the elections. And of course there's going to be good media coverage of this because of that :) It's working too. My wife was in a taxi today and the driver was complaining about the lack of electricity (he lives within the affected area) and was directly blaming Macri. I admit I haven't been watching the news on this, so I don't know if the media itself is blaming Macri (aside from that article posted yesterday) but the word sure is getting around it seems.

Well, in the U.S., this is a young industry of only about 7 years, but now if a kid's bicycle training wheels fall off in Topeka, it is Obama's fault. By contrast, in Argentina, there is a long history of successfully honing the blame game. By Election Day, this will all be Macri's fault.

You guys is a figure of speech 95 % of the tenants are temporary rentals, the owners never come to the Owners Association meetings. A generator for a 15 story building runs $150,000 pesos . The Association can barely meet the salary payments and is overdue on the benefits of the 6 full time employees.

Do you have a high speed elevator? If not I'd bet you don't need a 150000 generator to run 1 elevator and a pump.

That said if you just want flushing toilets a 2000 peso generator could do that. Or somones car out front with an inverter plugged into the cigarette lighter (maybe).

Do you have a high speed elevator? If not I'd bet you don't need a 150000 generator to run 1 elevator and a pump.

That said if you just want flushing toilets a 2000 peso generator could do that. Or somones car out front with an inverter plugged into the cigarette lighter (maybe).

I don't know if I would put elevator on generator, certainly no one that is not certified could play with that (which is likely to be the case, if they decide to do it). But for water pump you need something for up to 10000 pesos and you can also run some lights at least. I never understood, why it is not obligatory for buildings to have such cheap backup, since water is what is missed the most. Every small business in my area has small generator, but never saw it in any building. Hell, I could well afford one alone, and I am not recoleta material ....

The association rented a Generator yesterday for $10,000 pesos per day its the size of a van on wheels it provides power for the hallways, one of the 5 elevators and the water pumps, no power inside the Apts. I doubt you can buy this unit parked up front for $10,000 pesos ???. That is the cost for the small gas run portable unit in front of small businesses. It needs like 150 KVA says the experts.

Well later in the eve the City sent a huge generator the size of a 20 foot container that feeds a substation within the block an powers the entire block.. :wub:

Around 1 a.m. today, I hear people yelling La Luz LLEGO...!! we had full power , one could feel those blessed electrons flowing thru the cables. Thanks Mr. Volt and Mr. Ampere?

From the article:

I wonder if a work crew was paid to create an incident that will be somehow swept under the rug, to help make Macri look even worse just before the election.

What they described in the article is a pretty big FUBAR. Not that accidents can't happen, but what a disaster at a bad time for Macri.

We were without electricity for about 1 1/2 hours on the 13th. We're always the first to get power back on (our entire area) and it rarely goes out for more than an hour and even that not very often. I think they have some kind of back up power feed to this area that the rest of the area doesn't have...it seems just too fast for the kind of damage it seems happened to the trunk. There are still a lot of places all around us that don't have power. The girls haven't been to school and won't be going tomorrow.

Remember that Macri won the first time becuse he used an accident to dismiss the former mayor Ibarra. So, why should let this pass?

Remember that Macri won the first time becuse he used an accident to dismiss the former mayor Ibarra. So, why should let this pass?
The association rented a Generator yesterday for $10,000 pesos per day its the size of a van on wheels it provides power for the hallways, one of the 5 elevators and the water pumps, no power inside the Apts. I doubt you can buy this unit parked up front for $10,000 pesos ???. That is the cost for the small gas run portable unit in front of small businesses. It needs like 150 KVA says the experts.

Well later in the eve the City sent a huge generator the size of a 20 foot container that feeds a substation within the block an powers the entire block.. :wub:

Around 1 a.m. today, I hear people yelling La Luz LLEGO...!! we had full power , one could feel those blessed electrons flowing thru the cables. Thanks Mr. Volt and Mr. Ampere?

I was assured that because of the Proximity of the Hospital Aleman and the Franco Suiza and Swiss Medical,, this area would never go Dark...??

Because two "wrongs" don't make a "right", maybe.

But is this just politics as usual? My point is not that Cristina used an event to hit Macri before the election (all politicians everywhere do that) but that such a huge error that should never have happened to begin with, putting tens of thousands of people without power, exactly two weeks before the election, is too much for me to believe it is a coincidence. It's one thing to use an accident to hit another politician, quite another to cause something so far-reaching for political gain. I'm not accusing Cristina (or any of her minions) because I don't know, but I'm very suspicious and I don't believe at all that she would have a single problem with sacrificing the comfort and well-being of tens of thousands to ensure that her candidate won the election.

Back