Power Blackout In Recoleta & Palermo May Continue....!

Rich One

Registered
Edesur expressed that the problem is serious over 50,000 people have no power service. No estimates as to when the service can be re established.

My building has no power , elevators , and Water supply even to flush . People must climb 15 floors in complete darkness. Forget about showers. Access to the underground parking is an adventure.

Any other horror stories :mad:

Additional details: http://www.argentinaindependent.com/currentaffairs/newsfromargentina/thousands-still-without-power-in-buenos-aires/

From the article:

Rafael Llorens, the legal and technical sub-secretary of the Urban Planning Ministry, who opened the case against Telmex, called the company’s actions “irresponsible.”
He also used the moment to attack City Mayor Mauricio Macri, claiming that it is “unacceptable that the Government of the City of Buenos Aires does not control and regulate companies contracted and authorised to carry out works in the district.”
I wonder if a work crew was paid to create an incident that will be somehow swept under the rug, to help make Macri look even worse just before the election.

What they described in the article is a pretty big FUBAR. Not that accidents can't happen, but what a disaster at a bad time for Macri.

We were without electricity for about 1 1/2 hours on the 13th. We're always the first to get power back on (our entire area) and it rarely goes out for more than an hour and even that not very often. I think they have some kind of back up power feed to this area that the rest of the area doesn't have...it seems just too fast for the kind of damage it seems happened to the trunk. There are still a lot of places all around us that don't have power. The girls haven't been to school and won't be going tomorrow.

Day 3 and Still without power, Internet, water or elevator. The streets are so dark at night that you can barely see someone out on the sidewalk. Save for the occasional generator, it is totally dark and deserted. Day one I was like, ok, can handle this, (the worst part climbing up eight stories of stairs with dog and bag). Day two, couldn't stand the boredom without tv, Internet. Off to a milonga for flushing toilet and lights and hot food. Day 3, thank God for Redbeanz and their letting me and my dog hang out in their apartment, charge my electronics, use their wifi and shower. If no lights tonite I'm off to a friends house in Quilmes. The dirtiness and not having water to clean up is the worst part. And it's too heavy to drag water up eight flights of stairs. I can barely manage myself alone. I don't believe for a minute that "they will have it resolved today." Not with what I saw for about 20 blocks coming home late las night. Not from the reports I'm getting from my neighbors. Even the emergency stairwell lights don't have any charge left. Without family to fall back on here and help during the too many crisis that occur, it can feel like living in a war zone without the bombs. Thanks again to Redbeanz !

520.jpg

I empathize with la coqueta, our building has 15 floors to climb up and down for elderly people and women with baby carriages . People line up at the ground floor with 5 gallon buckets to fill up from the street faucet, to carry some water for the toilets . Most of the tenants are temporary rentals and can't decide on the purchase of a generator. Indications are that the problem with persist in some areas until Monday. the loss of business is tremendous the chino is open but the dairy section is blocked all products lost. At the corner kiosko there are fights for a chance to load the cell phones
I delivered all my clothing to the cleaners on Tuesday , the place is still closed.

Most tenants in my building lost all the food in the freezers.

Don't know if it's for elections or because it's recoleta, coverage of this disaster is quite good. 2 years ago media didn't make much headlines about people being more than month without electricity (my colleague with 2 kids for example). They got discounts on electricity bills later though, I guess that settled it...

You guys should buy a generator to run the pumps and the elevator at least. It's never a bad thing to have and split between all the apartments its probably not that expensive.

You guys is a figure of speech 95 % of the tenants are temporary rentals, the owners never come to the Owners Association meetings. A generator for a 15 story building runs $150,000 pesos . The Association can barely meet the salary payments and is overdue on the benefits of the 6 full time employees.

Back