Power Outages anyone???

Below are current ML pubications for the exact same model of the UPS's I have been using for abuout five years:

The lowest priced unit as of this morning:

The highest price unit as of this morning:

It obviously "pays" to compare prices before making a purchase.

The alarm system for my house is connected to the second UPS, but the only times it has ever been "activated" have been when I tested it using the "panic" button. 🤠
I use these guys, though the higher amperage handling model in provincia.

I feel like a pro electronics technician setting them up. Quite the thrill.

Speaking of additonal batteries, as power outages are rare where I am, and solar systems (especially the batteries) are quite expensive, the cheapest alternative for back up power to keep a laptop running for about five hours after the power is cut and the battery in my laptop runs out, is having at least one additional battery (that can be switched while the laptop is conected to the UPS).

That's why I bought one of these yesterday:

It is supposedly better than other generic versions...and the seller has not raised the price recently.

PS: I would never buy a 6 celda battery as long as 9 celda batteries are available.

I like the idea, i'll have to look into that for my model. So far i only have--maybe overkill, but prepping in case my water tanks run out and I have to fire up the well pumps, or if I'm really stuck without power and want piece of mind regarding the freezer--a 1000w inverter and a 12v deep cycle battery. When that dies I'm pumping like a pobre in bucket, but it should be a few thousand liters later (and the mega asado, courtesy of the dead freezer, on the parrilla afterwards).

The UPS that I posted the link to on December 14th is no longer availble for $14,600.

Now the lowest prices UPS (same model) is priced at $20,000.

Slightly more than 33% eight days ago...

I hope someone from this group bought the UPS at the lower price.

If I thought I needed a third unit, I would have bought it myself. 🤠

PS: Price increases of 20-30% are happening much more frequently now...

,,and some items I bought less than 18 months ago have increased in price by a factor of five or six.

Last edited:
When I look at that ad, it says "Publicación pausada"
Obviously a literal translation would be "publication paused", but WTF does that mean in practical terms? Something like "temporarily unavailable" ?
Publication "pausada" can mean the item has been sold or that the seller has paused the publication.

Occasionally, after I have made a purchase which will soon be shipped to me, the page indicates that the publication is pausada, but I don't know why it doesn't say that it has been "finalizada" (as most do).

At 9:52 am (when I made the post) the item was availble for purchase.

Since then, the seller either paused the publication or the item was sold.

I am guessing it was the latter, as the lowest priced item usually sell fast, especially when it is the "ultimo disponible."

Last edited:
Newsflash!!!

Here is the lowest priced unit (same model) of all:

And the seller has 20 units available.

I will pull the trigger after midnight tonight, as that is when the clock resets for my Santander Visa card. 🤠

PS: I won't have to pay for the item in full until February, so I will have five weeks to pay without interest (now over 300% APR).

Last edited:
I just searched again for the same USB and another vendeor has the unit available for $13,490:

Fortunatley, I did not by one at $16.,209 after midnight on Friday.and decided to wait until Monday of this week to see if another vendor would beat that price. The vendedor I just found also beat the first unit, priced at $14,600.

Lucky me...and I'm not even Irish.

Perhaps it should now be obvious that I'm Scottish. 🤠

Last edited:
I just searched again for the same USB and another vendeor has the unit available for $13,490:

Fortunatley, I did not by one at $16.,209 after midnight on Friday.and decided to wait until Monday of this week to see if another vendor would beat that price. The vendedor I just found also beat the first unit, priced at $14,600.

Lucky me...and I'm not even Irish.

Perhaps it should now be obvious that I'm Scottish. 🤠

Aye, thrrrrrifty!

Several floors of my building are without power right now. The elevators aren't working, and I just climbed 8 flights of stairs toting my changito. Part of the staircase is totally dark, and some neighbour has put candles at the landings. It felt like a pilgrimage. Now we just hope they don't burn the building down.

An impòrtant correction:

The unit above is not exactly the same as the USB for $14,600 that I first posted the link to on Deember 14th.

That same unit is now avaible from another vendedor for $14,600 and has the same features (including a meter that shows the actual voltage, not just an on/off LED):

For just over $1000 pesos more, I think the model wih the meter (which I prensently use) is more desirable and easily worth the price difference between the two models.

Last edited:
Back