Pre Packaged Bacon Arrives to Argentina

thats exactly right. also instead of toast they usually have arepas.

ElQueso said:
Almost looks like a Colombian bandeja, substitute black beans for the barbeque beans and tocino for the ham. Mmmmmmm.

I really miss turkey bacon and turkey sausage (what can I say? raised by a hippie mom, never had real bacon at home, so no comfort food memories!) anyone seen this?

a roll n square sausage... mmmm cant wait for my next trip home.. not to mention the vast variety of deep fried delicacies

Roll and fritter with curry sauce.

Deep fried pizza with curry sauce.

The annoying thing was when I was last back, the place I favoured the most Tartan Chips (Right at Cessnock underground) didn't make fritters any more. He (a nice Polish guy) explained to me that the batter spoils the fat and he preferred his fish to taste better - he was bang on with his assessment but I still missed a roll and fritter with curry sauce. He still deep fried pizzas though.

The King's Cafe on Elmbank Street still does it all, but it's very pricey now. Ridiculously so!

I've been to Barrio Chino a few times and have stocked up with lots of cool gear but a block of curry paste still alludes me. I've found ground fennels, mustard and corn flour do a decent job as a replacement and am considering hitting the MSG to pep it up.

But still, back to breakfast, ever tried cold friend rice mixed with curry sauce?

To my fellow Scots, I downloaded 'Neds' by Peter Mullan the other night, it's worth watching.

Top quality american style bacon is always available in BA and can be delivered to your door. It is made by Brit and long term argie resident Heath Baines. It is delicious, doesn't shrink in the pan and crisps up beautifully if required.

See link for full review: http://pickupthefork.com/2011/06/26/the-bacon-trials-baines-best-bacon-delivery/

You might have time to get some for Sunday breakfast.

Hope I have made you all happy. Last time I saw Heath he was perfecting some sausage recipes too.

scottlyon said:
Roll and fritter with curry sauce.

Deep fried pizza with curry sauce.

The annoying thing was when I was last back, the place I favoured the most Tartan Chips (Right at Cessnock underground) didn't make fritters any more. He (a nice Polish guy) explained to me that the batter spoils the fat and he preferred his fish to taste better - he was bang on with his assessment but I still missed a roll and fritter with curry sauce. He still deep fried pizzas though.

The King's Cafe on Elmbank Street still does it all, but it's very pricey now. Ridiculously so!

I've been to Barrio Chino a few times and have stocked up with lots of cool gear but a block of curry paste still alludes me. I've found ground fennels, mustard and corn flour do a decent job as a replacement and am considering hitting the MSG to pep it up.

But still, back to breakfast, ever tried cold friend rice mixed with curry sauce?

To my fellow Scots, I downloaded 'Neds' by Peter Mullan the other night, it's worth watching.

I've seen curry sauce "blocks" in barrio chino before but it was ridiculously overpriced i passed. This was the same time they had lots of imported special beers from around Europe and also tramp juice from Scotland (tennents super)! I passed on that too

who hasn't eaten yesterdays curry for breakfast :D

Back