Pre Packaged Bacon Arrives to Argentina

You're all fools. Eating your breakfast without so much as a soda farl and a decent slice of potato bread. What's the matter with you people ! ; )

Make room for the mushrooms!

I went to my local Jimbo (My name for the place) and no bacon :(

So it's fried jamon crudo, fried eggs and waffles for me tomorrow.

I went to the Jumbo in Palermo. Is that the one you went to ? I was just there like two days ago, can't imagine they would have run out so fast.

scottlyon said:

scottlyon said:

You can usually get panceta from your local fiambreria, although mine didn't have any last time i went.:mad:

Its hard to get them to cut it the right thickness though.

Dublin2BuenosAires said:
You're all fools. Eating your breakfast without so much as a soda farl and a decent slice of potato bread. What's the matter with you people ! ; )

I second this, nice soda farl, tatie bread and some toasted wheaten. And a large dollop of HP sauce.

TheBlackHand said:
I went to the Jumbo in Palermo. Is that the one you went to ? I was just there like two days ago, can't imagine they would have run out so fast.

I'm down in Quilmes, about 18K South of Palermo (Across the road from that Dr Guerrissi actually - which felt nice to read here).

Since we're on about our fantasy breakfasts I reckon Cumberland sausage, Oxford sausage, Lorne sausage, black pudding, tattie scones, fried bread, them hash-brown things, couple of eggs, mushrooms, peeled tomatoes, beans, buttered toast and as many cups of milky tea as it takes to munch your way through it all.

But I'd settle for a Lidl's or Iceland breakfast pack currently ;)

If you are of a British disposition or indeed prone to nervous reactions, do NOT look at this picture.
bfast.jpg

I'm not British but that breakfast sounds delicious.

scottlyon said:
I'm down in Quilmes, about 18K South of Palermo (Across the road from that Dr Guerrissi actually - which felt nice to read here).

Since we're on about our fantasy breakfasts I reckon Cumberland sausage, Oxford sausage, Lorne sausage, black pudding, tattie scones, fried bread, them hash-brown things, couple of eggs, mushrooms, peeled tomatoes, beans, buttered toast and as many cups of milky tea as it takes to munch your way through it all.

But I'd settle for a Lidl's or Iceland breakfast pack currently ;)

Almost looks like a Colombian bandeja, substitute black beans for the barbeque beans and tocino for the ham. Mmmmmmm.

Back