Pre Packaged Bacon Arrives to Argentina

Am I the only one who has been getting Baines' Best Bacon for at least a year now? I get my wine and bacon all delivered together, and I have never been disappointed. YUM. I'm back in the USA right now and I have to say that compared to Baines' Best Bacon, the stuff I get here is just disappointing (I'm not buying the nitrate bacon). Even at Whole Foods the bacon they carry is loaded up with all sorts of flavors (enough with the honey!) so I can't get just a plain and simple bacon flavored bacon. So I find myself now missing the bacon I get in Argentina when I'm in the US----imagine that!!!

I haven't tried the Campo Austral bacon, but my expectations aren't very high... I didn't see anyone's reviews of it, is it any good?

If you're interested in Baines' Best Bacon PM me your email address and I'll have him include you in the next mailing list. They deliver bacon once a month right to your house but you can get wine any time I believe. They also deliver basmati rice, which is difficult to find for anyone who doesn't live in Belgrano.

Mmmmm delicious.

I am dying for a full Irish breakfast!!!! AAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Sausages, bacon, potato bread (homemade), black/white pudding, fried tomato, fried eggs, tea, irish soda bread (made by my granny of course!!) then throw some beans in there to help mop it all after!!

Wish i hadn't read this thread now…

BTW the first pic of bacon is not proper bacon( for me anyway :) ). the rashers scott put up are the beauties!!!!!

tez said:
Am I the only one who has been getting Baines' Best Bacon for at least a year now? I get my wine and bacon all delivered together, and I have never been disappointed. YUM. I'm back in the USA right now and I have to say that compared to Baines' Best Bacon, the stuff I get here is just disappointing (I'm not buying the nitrate bacon). Even at Whole Foods the bacon they carry is loaded up with all sorts of flavors (enough with the honey!) so I can't get just a plain and simple bacon flavored bacon. So I find myself now missing the bacon I get in Argentina when I'm in the US----imagine that!!!

I haven't tried the Campo Austral bacon, but my expectations aren't very high... I didn't see anyone's reviews of it, is it any good?

If you're interested in Baines' Best Bacon PM me your email address and I'll have him include you in the next mailing list. They deliver bacon once a month right to your house but you can get wine any time I believe. They also deliver basmati rice, which is difficult to find for anyone who doesn't live in Belgrano.

Mmmmm delicious.

How much are we talking for the bacon? : )

progrss update: went to jumbo today.. couldn't find any bacon... thankfully live near the campo austral factory... will go visit their outlet shop tomortomorrow, and see what i can find.

Back