Precaria Vs Driving, Driver's License And Travel Questions

My experience is different. I have permanent residency as I am married to a citizen (as the OP). My DNI card says it will expire 15 years since the issuing date. My driving license will expire in 5 years since the DL issuing date (that's the validity of a standard DL in Argentina).

I got mine for 5 years as well (I am also permanent resident).

I'm a permanent resident and mine expires in two years (just got it about a month ago). I was told all new first time licenses expire in 2 years no matter what.

I wonder if it has to do with where? I'm in CABA. Maybe the province has a different rule? Serafina, aren't you in Olivos or somewhere out there?

Local Drivers License after age 64 is renewed for only One Year....!! :eek: at a time

I'm so in favor of that...I remember all those nightmare events in Florida with 80-year-olds killing people and not even remembering the accidents.

I'm a permanent resident and mine expires in two years (just got it about a month ago). I was told all new first time licenses expire in 2 years no matter what.

I wonder if it has to do with where? I'm in CABA. Maybe the province has a different rule? Serafina, aren't you in Olivos or somewhere out there?

Well, I found this page for CABA: http://www.buenosaires.gob.ar/licenciasdeconducir/vigencias
and this other page for my municipality (San Isidro): http://turmis.info/sanisidro/11sub_aranceles_vigencias

So yes, it depends on where you get your DL! When studying for the theory test, I remember taking the online preparatory test for CABA and there were slight differences about speed limits. Apparently, each municipality can set those things. Also the theory test questions are different: online I found a test plus answers for CABA (about 100 possible questions), but for San Isidro the exam questions were different.

I'm so in favor of that...I remember all those nightmare events in Florida with 80-year-olds killing people and not even remembering the accidents.

Good defense strategy ?...as here a diabetic cab driver claiming a blackout when killing a woman on the sidewalk....?

Now this really pisses me off! How dare you malign an entire group of people just because some of them .... ummm ... what was I saying, again?

When I lived in Delray Beach, Fla you'd frequently see 'teams' careening down the street. One member of the team still had a license while the other member still had his vision. So you might see a driver looking down at his lap while the passenger shouted directions.
There was no way to predict where their car would go so the other drivers on the road wouldn't go anywhere near them.
The politicians were afraid to even bring up the subject of testing seniors.

When I lived in Delray Beach, Fla you'd frequently see 'teams' careening down the street. One member of the team still had a license while the other member still had his vision. So you might see a driver looking down at his lap while the passenger shouted directions.
There was no way to predict where their car would go so the other drivers on the road wouldn't go anywhere near them.
The politicians were afraid to even bring up the subject of testing seniors.

Just to be clear, I never lived in Delray (well, Merritt Island, but I usually hit something way before I got to Delray.

I would like to know about the procedure for getting a license via ACA.

I called ACA today, they said I don't even have to join ACA.

But they said that I needed to get Fla. Dept of Motor Vehicles (where my US drivers license is from) to send a fax to ACA showing that my license is valid. I spent quite awhile holding on to speak to Fla Dept Motor Vehicles, then gave up for today.
I'm fairly sure that Fla will not want to send faxes internationally so I need an alternative.

Then I need to take the written test. Does anyone know where I can find sample questions with answers so that I can practice?

Thanks

Back