Precaria Vs Driving, Driver's License And Travel Questions

Yes, At least.
Thanks.

Please note that those questions are for CABA. If you are taking it in La Plata, they might differ.
In San Isidro I had maybe one of these questions and the rest all different (out of 20 or 30, I don't remember exactly).

For the written test in San Isidro you have to know everything in the booklet Manual Educacion Vial. They will ask you mainly road signs but also very specific questions on speeds and distances e.g What is the maximum speed if you see 2 chevrons? or How close can you be parked to another parked vehicle?

Anything in the book is a possible and probable question. The questions are multiple choice.

http://turmis.info/sanisidro/pdf/manual_educacion_vial.pdf

I would like to know about the procedure for getting a license via ACA.

I called ACA today, they said I don't even have to join ACA.

But they said that I needed to get Fla. Dept of Motor Vehicles (where my US drivers license is from) to send a fax to ACA showing that my license is valid. I spent quite awhile holding on to speak to Fla Dept Motor Vehicles, then gave up for today.
I'm fairly sure that Fla will not want to send faxes internationally so I need an alternative.

Then I need to take the written test. Does anyone know where I can find sample questions with answers so that I can practice?

Thanks

Ooh, that's interesting. Please post your updates. I need to get a local license here and I've been absolutely daunted by the process. Someone recommended aCA but I don't really want to join. Hmm.. so you don't need the apostille that the city website says you need, just a fax?

For the written test in San Isidro you have to know everything in the booklet Manual Educacion Vial. They will ask you mainly road signs but also very specific questions on speeds and distances e.g What is the maximum speed if you see 2 chevrons? or How close can you be parked to another parked vehicle?

Anything in the book is a possible and probable question. The questions are multiple choice.

http://turmis.info/s...cacion_vial.pdf

I read the Manual de Educación Vial and I passed it on the first try. However, I trained my self on this website: https://www.licenciasba.net/simulador/ which is for CABA and the province of Buenos Aires, and the questions on that website and at the link I posted before were not the ones I found at my exam, so I was a little taken aback at the sitting because I thought i was bulletproof having tested myself extensively before attempting the exam.

The good thing is that the questions in San Isidro were the same described on this link: http://www.taringa.net/post/apuntes-y-monografias/5731168/Licencia-de-conducir-zona-norte.html which obviously I found *after* sitting my theory test. So I'd suggest to google "preguntas y respuestas licencia de conducir + yourplace"

However, for the sake of honesty, it was totally possible to copy the answers from someone else. There were even two ladies discussing OPENLY which was the correct answer according to them.

My exam was in electronic format, but different from the one I took in the US (on a computer with a touchscreen). In San Isidro I could choose between the electronic test and the paper test. The paper test was administered to elderlies, so I picked the electronic one.

Electronic test. You are given a remote with 4 buttons, and are asked to sit in front of a screen. There are about 20 chairs one next to the other and you can sit wherever you please. There are 30 questions displayed in turn every 20 second or so and you have to push the button corresponding to the answer (A, B or C). [The fourth button is inactive.]
The lady/examiner knows when you have replied to all 30 questions and stop the questions on screen to call you out once you're done. She immediately tells you if you passed or not and writes your score on your examination paper. You won't be told which questions you failed, though.

The paper test is a regular multiple choice test where you have to check the corresponding answer. I think the paper test is better because you can answer straight away to the questions whose answer you are sure about and then spend 20 minutes to think about the few one you are not sure about, whereas with the electronic test you have 20 seconds for each question, so you have to decide quickly. You will see the examiner marking your questions as she goes through them, so you'll know which ones you failed.

----
Differences between my exam in San Isidro and the one for CABA.

Speed limits.
In the Manual de educación vial of San Isidro, page 11 it reads:
En autopistas, la velocidad máxima para automóviles y motocicletas es de
130 Km/h., excepto cuando están indicadas velocidades máximas inferiores.
En semiautopistas, la velocidad máxima para automóviles y motocicletas es
de 120 Km/h., excepto cuando están indicadas velocidades máximas inferiores.

In the Q/A for CABA, there is a question on page 5 that reads:
¿Cómo norma general, cuál es la velocidad máxima permitida en autopistas, en el ámbito de la Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires? A. 70 km/h. B. 100 km/h. C. 120 km/h.

So you can see that the speed limit for CABA is different than the one stated in the manual for San Isidro.

Pictograms.

There is a pictogram for ciclovías shown here: https://www.licenciasba.net/simulador/ which is not the same shown in San Isidro. I think I failed that question. I am unable to take a screen shot because questions on that website vary.

Lets cut to the bottom line.... Serafina, how much will it cost me to have you put on a pair of Groucho Marx glasses and take the test for me?

Lets cut to the bottom line.... Serafina, how much will it cost me to have you put on a pair of Groucho Marx glasses and take the test for me?

C'mon, it is no big deal! I think the Florida DL was harder than this one.

Back