Prefectura Protests

nicoenarg

Registered
Anyone know what's going on there? It seems that the government is lowering their wages by 30-60% and they are not happy about it.

Anyone know what the rationale (if any at all ;) ) behind lowering their wages is?

Is the government simply broke that they are targetting the military first before they start clamping down on the regular populace even further?

It's hard to imagine why they would be lowering the wages. All I know is that the the Prefectura made walking through La Boca to my mother-in-law's home a much more pleasant experience as there was one posted on nearly every corner during my last visit.
After sundown, it was back to no-man's land though.

Cristina is trying to take over the land for her own uses and since this prefectura wont leave they figure they can just low salary them out..what i have said is afaily simplistic explanation but good enough

Now the Navy has joined in.
So has Aldo Rico.
The govt blames someone else.
SV Libertad held in Ghana.....
That's another fine mess etc etc

Troubling part of this is that until now Garré and the Powers that Be used to trust and count on Gendarmería and to a lesser measure with Prefectura as their pretorian guards.
The new decrees screwed the uniformed paychecks and the love story is over.
This can hardly be undone. Unmendable.

Ooops!

nicoenarg said:
Anyone know what's going on there? It seems that the government is lowering their wages by 30-60% and they are not happy about it.

Anyone know what the rationale (if any at all ;) ) behind lowering their wages is?

Is the government simply broke that they are targetting the military first before they start clamping down on the regular populace even further?

Wages for the security services are a mess. The agents are not happy with their wages, so they go and get a judge to grant an amparo to get a wage increase. There is a whole industry of lawyers behind this.

So the government decided to use a uniform standard for wages for all the security services, but instead of bringing the underpaid people up, they are bringing the overpaid people down. So lots of people are getting pay cuts of 30-60%.

The government was crazy if they thought they could cut people's wages without generating protests. They should have known this was going to happen.

el_expatriado said:
instead of bringing the underpaid people up, they are bringing the overpaid people down.

I thought that was this governments one and only domestic economic policy !

It smells very fishy to me. The fact that some people could be rubbing their hands with pleasure is even more sickening!! They were paid in the end but they keep protesting!

Wander said:
It smells very fishy to me. The fact that some people could be rubbing their hands with pleasure is even more sickening!! They were paid in the end but they keep protesting!

Wander, I am waiting for the day when you might add something valuable to the discussion on this forum. Your generalised statements reek of towing the party line. No one is interested in that BS.

What smells fishy to you? Who is rubbing their hands with pleasure and what the hell do you exactly mean by that?

Are you disagreeing with the scenarios presented by other posters here?

Add something valuable or don't add anything at all.

I don't think a night goes by at the kitchen table when we don't touch on the mess that is happening here, and the main comment is 'I wonder what's going to be on the news tomorrow?'
Frankly, if you'd placed a bunch of chimpanzees here to run the country, they would have done a better job.
A little less entertaining, I'll grant that though.

Back