Prescription Meds Cost

The quality is much better than what they manufacture here.

Couldn't disagree more! I make sure i buy every medicine here except certain non prescription vitamins which are more commercialized, easily available in US.

I have used medicines manufactured here, over the years. Used them with great results and best thing - dirt cheap prices.

You can't beat Dr. Savings for price. It's usually half the prices of the other pharmacies: http://www.farmaciasdrahorro.com.ar/index.php

I just back from there and got two boxes of atoravastatin 10mg 60 tables for 83 pesos. This is for cholesterol ... all the butter, cheese and ricota portions... A regular pharmacy might charge four times this much!

Some give 20% or 30%. You have to ask around at different pharmacies.

Without names of medicine it is very hard to know what they will cost. The most expensive medicine we bought lately (for the cat, but at a people pharmacy) was a very strong urinary medicine and it was 120 pesos, my cleaning girl bought strong tablets of antibiotic for two weeks (with prescription, no insurance) for 140 pesos yesterday. At blue rate that would be about 10USD, and most medicines are less expensive if they are common illness medicine (not HIV/Cancer).

Without names of medicine it is very hard to know what they will cost. The most expensive medicine we bought lately (for the cat, but at a people pharmacy) was a very strong urinary medicine and it was 120 pesos, my cleaning girl bought strong tablets of antibiotic for two weeks (with prescription, no insurance) for 140 pesos yesterday. At blue rate that would be about 10USD, and most medicines are less expensive if they are common illness medicine (not HIV/Cancer).

The most expensive medicine I bought recently cost $1230. But then again I bought in people size doses, not cat sized ;) It mainly depends on whether the medicine is still under patent by the developing laboratory, just like the rest of the world.

The most expensive medicine I bought recently cost $1230. But then again I bought in people size doses, not cat sized ;) It mainly depends on whether the medicine is still under patent by the developing laboratory, just like the rest of the world.
Wow! that is a lot of money. My mom in the states recently took a pill that is 40,000USD per month (it was covered by insurance)--which seems immoral to me.

Wow! that is a lot of money. My mom in the states recently took a pill that is 40,000USD per month (it was covered by insurance)--which seems immoral to me.

$40000 a month? That has to be something like Soliris right? I wouldn't call being able to treat a previously untreatable debilitating and often fatal disease as being immoral.

Many US prescription drugs are available over the counter at Argentine pharmacies. Always check for expiration dates, at the very least.

You can't beat Dr. Savings for price. It's usually half the prices of the other pharmacies: http://www.farmacias...om.ar/index.php

I just back from there and got two boxes of atoravastatin 10mg 60 tables for 83 pesos. This is for cholesterol ... all the butter, cheese and ricota portions... A regular pharmacy might charge four times this much!

10 mg Atoravastatin.! That is very tiny potency, what I have been taking is whopping 40 mg ! Don't know why? With all these healthy Paleotic culinary I prepare every day but cholesterol in my veins was too high!

Back