Presidential Transition

This is one of the funniest threads I have read in a long time. Reagan - Iran-Contra and invasion of Grenada - as an example of democratic process in leadership?

This is one of the funniest threads I have read in a long time. Reagan - Iran-Contra and invasion of Grenada - as an example of democratic process in leadership?

OOOOOoooooOOOOoooooh because these topics have not already been discussed to death a gazillion times we have to talk about them here in a thread specifically about Presidential Transition in Argentina..

My last post on this topic.. Hopefully and with all my heart. I hope my beloved Argentinian friends with educations and work ethic will finally have the chance to manifest everything I know they are capable of without the interference of corrupt politicians and supporters of the insanity that has crippled them every step of way.

Nothing I have ever seen in my life disturbed me more than the time I personally saw the evil corrupt Ksters buying votes from the poorest or poor with mere hand outs. I watched that in utter shock as I realized not only the stark reality of the poor selling their futures for a hand out. But that there were actual humans willing to stoop that low as to manipulate them in that condition.

I lost allot of faith in humanity in Argentina but perhaps this vote has restored some of that...

Vamos Argentine despite the likes of Bajo prove this man and those that think like him wrong.

May their corruption RIP rest in peace as a new Argentina arises.

What was it you read? Reagan was referenced for the way he graciously acknowledged his predecessor, Jimmy Carter, in his first inaugural address - nothing more. Why would you think Iran-Contra and Grenada (several years in the future) had anything to do with that? Or that the post addressed democratic process in leadership? It was about the contrast with the current Argentine transition if that wasn't clear. Please continue to think it's funny, though, if that corresponds to your world view.

To quote you directly Bajo:
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]"We don't even know if Macri is going to be able to become the President or Michetti is going to be instead of him."[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Please explain the fuzzy logic (sic) behind this statement.[/background]

It is not fuzzy, it very clear, you just ignore something very obvious: you cannot become a President if you are procesado unless you brive too much. We'll see.

You can google what happend with Patti (he never become a congressman, even electod, he finished in jail).

It really seems as though the outgoing goverment has a lot to lose, as does its supporters. The events of the last week by the (still) current regime have been disgusting, in bad faith at best and dangerous to the democratic process at worst. The fact that supporters (Bajo is very representitive of all the K supporters I know) are clingling so desperately to the ideaology in the face of overwhelming evidence and even plain old common sense shows that they too have a lot to lose.

All the threads regarding the elections (before and after) have been a torrent of nonsense from one poster, some of it just complete bullshit. What I have seen from incumbent government is terrible; has put a stinky air over the notion of democracy and made me ashamed to even be associated with Argentina and even its people, some of whom (as is evident here) fall for this crap.

If you disagree or dislike it doesn't mean this is bs.
Here you can read Highton de Nolasco, the vice President of Supreme Court who says the same than me:
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1849728-highton-de-nolasco-el-juicio-politico-es-la-unica-via-para-que-alejandra-gils-carbo-deje-su-cargo

And she is very conservative.

I think he's talking about the fact that Macri is procesado. But the judge in the case said a year ago there's no evidence that Macri is involved. He's keeping him procesado "just because".

Wrong, it was the chamber of appeals that nullified the decision of the judge you talk about.
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1810384-la-camara-federal-rechazo-sobreseer-a-mauricio-macri-en-la-causa-por-las-escuchas-ilegales

El queso, please, write shorter.
The law is written to protect people like you and me. Tyrans hate the law.
In fact, during militar dictatorship, the "legitimity" was check day by day because they didn' t have any.
In a democracy, the President finishes ruling the 10th of dezember. The Congress is going to continue ruling (the new opposition) for long time more.
This is democracy. Macri wants/dreams with absolute power while his is super limited.

EJ Larson, the only bad losers here are from Cambiemos who, everytime they lose, they say there is fraud BUT later is evidenced that they just lost. (Del Sel and Cano).

Macri won the Presidency by a few votes. That's it.

He didn' t ein in the Congress, so, the opposition has power (a lot).
This is democracy.

Back