Presidential Transition

More like a soap opera every day.

Well it looks over. It's effectively over the minute Macri makes clear he's not going to any length to ensure the Presidenta's participation.

In a way, it's a blessing for Macri, barely in disguise. The minute he doesn't need her participation, he has set the tone and the agenda. She is left with a simple choice - follow the most basic of protocol and extend the most basic of courtesies, or hand Macri a massive PR victory.

He has now - on display for the whole world, and more importantly, for all Argentina, to see - the depths of CFK's megalomania, to the point of not being willing to follow the most basic formal protocol. And for the most petty of excuses - far worse, in fact, than simply refusing to attend because she openly admits hating him - or on account of "scheduling conflicts" or whatever. This is actually worse - by her account, she (will have) refused to participate because Macri refused to turn his inauguration into a goodbye party for her. The poor thing. (Having first, of course, as per custom, lied: as if the constitution mandates that the ceremony take place at the Congress).

This will be a powerful statement of intent, for whoever is keeping score, regarding her cooperation from December 11th and onward - where political fighting is not out of bounds, but some is. You can count on her to be as obstructive as can be, and the question is how effective can Macri be at a) moving the needle forward in the face of strong opposition in the Senate, and b ) pinning the blame for non-progress on the PJ's obstructionism, with an eye to congressional fights in 2017. CFK being an absolute %%%% in this respect - clearly, openly, pettily, needlessly - helps him immensely with respect to B, as long he's good at communicating this.

Really the only way they could have spun this to their advantage is if the argument would last to the last day, and then it would appear to be a fight both sides were having. That's why Macri is so keen on making it clear that this fight is over: it's his decision to make, he has made it, he has informed the president, her only decision now is to come and participate, or not.

But Marci bad Cristina good, Macri racist xenophobic Cristina good, Macri criminal thief Cristina good, Macri dictator Cristina good etc etc etc

That's what most congresses in democracies around the world do when presenting legislation to be seriously considered. Is that what happened in this case? Maybe so, since they couldn't get a quorum at first to attend for the voting (maybe because they knew what was coming, having seen it, or maybe they just had heard about it and even refused to read it?), but I didn't think about that specific thing when reading about it previously and don't remember that being mentioned.

Were the proposed laws (how many was it? Around a 90 or 100) indeed distributed after passing the commission, in time to be read and discussed, challenged and championed before even calling for a quorum? Were they modified at all during the political process to meet with compromises the opposition might want (after all, isn't that what democracies are about?) or did she just know she'd have a quorum and didn't care about "democratic niceties" or "procedural matters" or worry about "getting feedback from the opposition"?

I surely didn't hear or read anything about that part, just that Cristina had to somehow get 3 opposition members to come in for the vote because she couldn't get all of her coalition's support to put enough voters together to have a quorum. "Somehow" - am I saying that she paid them off? I wouldn't make such an accusation without good proof. I might speculate. I did read that one of the guys who came in from the opposition was getting something for his constituency that was included in the list, but i don't remember what that was or who it was.

I don't care what democratic country we're talking about. I would get beyond what is "legal" when it comes to transfers of power and think also about what is moral. I think that it is extremely bad form, and quite against democratic (notice I didn't say "legal") principles for the party or coalition who has lost the people's mandate to pass a bunch of laws at the last minute unless there is some dire emergency such as the country is at war and there's no time to wait. The incumbent should accept this loss of mandate by preparing his or her office for a smooth transition of power to the next administration so that they can take up the reigns quickly and efficiently. This is good politics, honorable action and part of the democratic process, when thinking about the good of those they serve (not those who serve them!).

I could understand this if Scioli had won. There is not necessarily a loss of mandate in such a situation. The only thing that would have kept the sitting president from running again legally (this is a good place for actual legalities) is the term limit and since they are the same party, one could make a reasonable argument that the people were saying "we want the FpV management of Argentina to continue." I would still expect the sitting president to consult with the president-elect about what is going on, but keep working if the people say they like what's going on.

To me, Cristina was sticking it to democracy and the majority of Argentina by causing this to happen. And does anyone think this was just a rush of brotherhood by the FpV, a spontaneous list of "good works" that had just been lying around in various lawmaker's desks, all come together at once as if by magic? Nah, Cristina brags about what "she" does and what effect her rule has on the country. She seems to be a classic narcissist personality. This was her doing carried out by her minions in defiance of democratic moralistic principles.
Ok. Your POV. Irrelevant to make psychological profiles, which you have no authority neither tools to make. I stay in law, not beyond. la grieta again ! :)

@gusgutier

You are correct, her psychological profile should be addressed by professionals, and that long time ago. Because it was not, we had to wandered in darkness, what possessed her to act in the way she acted for years and is culminating now to a final crescendo.

If she would have, what we call "normal" or accepted profile, she would understand her position as a job which mandate is getting to the end. She wouldn't appear 40+ times monolouing her scattered thoughts to all nation, neither would she act as a monarch in democracy. Her behaviour alone is giving enough clue to even most blind admirer, that she is suffering from some disorder.

OK so the act continues.

Checkmated as far as the ceremony itself goes, and desperate - as I predicted - to both keep the story in the news as well as provide a justification for her intransigence, it's now about how Macri abused her over the phone. In her words, "screamed at" and "threatened her".

You literally can't make this stuff up.

Look for everything else about this incident - her cool reception of him, the minefield being left in government, the DNU, Anibal's "the whole process takes 40 seconds, what do you care?", everything - to be forgotten in the official version, and this to become the new focal point.

But Marci bad Cristina good, Macri racist xenophobic Cristina good, Macri criminal thief Cristina good, Macri dictator Cristina good etc etc etc

Macri woman hater abuser shouts at Crisitina on the phone...! On the las hours she has issued over 40 Twitter messages

#CFKArgentina

[background=rgb(245, 248, 250)]La autoridad, no su imagen, no se logra en una ceremonia de trasmisión de mando y mucho menos gritándole a una mujer por teléfono…[/background]

[background=rgb(245, 248, 250)]The authority , not his image, its not obtained in a ceremony of Inauguration, and much less shouting to a womanon the phone.....[/background]

foto6-3.jpg_1__400x400.jpg

Back