Price of meat will skyrocket

he owns his property if i am right about the most expensive item. steve has shared alot over the last 20 years and a useful poster

But at least tell us what he most expensive budget item is?
The total cost of food and drink: meat (beef and pork), eggs, coffee and bottled water is now the "most expensive budget item," with meat at the top of the list.

In January my food cost was about $100 USD per month and now it's s little over $200 USD per month. I was also consuming butter and cheese in January, but as they.increased in price more than beef and.pork (up in price in pesos x 4), I stopped.buying them and added an "equal value" of meat to my diet. Meanwhile, the cost of eggs and lard (in pesos) has nearly trippled.

Other costs have increased even more. A liter of "Laur" evoo has increased from $5000 to $27.000, but I haven't bought any since the price was $5000 a litro and I still have 3.5 litros on hand.

Since January, 10 kilos of LP gas has gone from $900 to almost $12,000 pesos while nafta has only risen from less than $200 pesos per litro to just under $1.200. At least my house and car insurance rates have only trippled.

Also since January, coffee (Nescafe Clásico) has increased in price from less than $20.000 pesos per kilo. Bottled water and black coffee are all I drink. Alcohol has been off the list for more than ten years and I don't miss it.

In spite of all of the price increases and the doubling of my monthly COL in dollars, I am very happy that I can pay all of my monthly expenses with $350 USD. I know that would not be possible in any other place that I would want to live

Last edited:
Back