Price of meat will skyrocket

In 2003 to have a meal in Don Julio the price was 10 us dollars a person . In 2024 its 120 per person more than 12 times the price per person . By 2025 how much will it be with inflation of 250 % and a flat dollar ?
What was happening in Argentina of 2003…
Out of interest, how much was it in 1998/1999?

It did not exist yet?

I don't think Don Julio is an example to measure inflation, especially not in such a long time span. In 2013 it was known, but nothing very special, tourist place with good meat. I could afford it and was a stingy bastard back then. Last time I ate there was end of 2015, and it already turned more expensive than worth, I was classifying it as tourist trap.

Now I see they've got Michelin star? That's double the price over night. It's for certain people now, not the likes of me. I'm eating asado far cheaper, but I doubt tourists or even expats would set foot in those places..

To protect yourself against inflation, reduce your expenditures to a bare minimum, and suggest others to do the same.. ! Prices will drop..!

To protect yourself against inflation, reduce your expenditures to a bare minimum, and suggest others to do the same.. ! Prices will drop..!
I wouldn't worry about reduced expenditure. Many are forced to reduction. I see people wandering around shops, basically just watching, going out with few pesos worth of items. I bought some decent wine and some other stuff, bill came to 27k, and the seller double checked the screen, almost expecting I'll leave or something... When choosing the wine, that in chino goes from cheap to expensive, no one even came close to the expensive section (6k+), and before those wines were preferred...

I wouldn't worry about reduced expenditure. Many are forced to reduction. I see people wandering around shops, basically just watching, going out with few pesos worth of items. I bought some decent wine and some other stuff, bill came to 27k, and the seller double checked the screen, almost expecting I'll leave or something... When choosing the wine, that in chino goes from cheap to expensive, no one even came close to the expensive section (6k+), and before those wines were preferred...
Wines are durable , can wait . But beef carcasses(Media Reses), at slaughterhouses have to be sold.

I don't remember much of prices in 1999 (the first time I came here), but I do remember paying $5 for a lomo sandwich in an average restaurant downtown, and thinking it was cheap compared to a steak sandwich in NYC. But if people were paying $10 for Don Julio in 2003, that's quite a difference.

That's good, having your history of vaccine activism to reminisce about will bring a bit of levity to an otherwise tragic untimely funeral.
I had Covid, and for a week I was the sickest I've ever been in my long life, by far. 42 degree fever, sleeping 18 hours a day, unable to eat anything for seven days, and extreme pain. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

I don't think it's helpful to propagate wild, baseless vaccination conspiracy theories about Covid. Covid is real, it's really bad, and it's killed a lot of people that otherwise would still be alive and/or would have avoided a lot of suffering if they'd been vaccinated.

I had Covid, and for a week I was the sickest I've ever been in my long life, by far. 42 degree fever, sleeping 18 hours a day, unable to eat anything for seven days, and extreme pain. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

I don't think it's helpful to propagate wild, baseless vaccination conspiracy theories about Covid. Covid is real, it's really bad, and it's killed a lot of people that otherwise would still be alive and/or would have avoided a lot of suffering if they'd been vaccinated.
The vaccine is genocide. I had covid too, i was sick for a week, now i'm immune. People are keeling over dead from sudden heart failure from the vaccine. I think continuing to push the idea that the vaccine is safe in any way or has any benefit is completely unconscionable, and I hope there's a very special place in hell for those hurting children with this poison.

How come the people who've taken the vaccine keep getting covid (and dying of sudden heart failure and turbocancer?)

Back