Prison or bullet: new government promises harsh response to protest

December 20th. Major street demonstrations planned . Hope that Bullrich can keep the thousands of protesters on the Sidewalk ...!

Leftist legislator and former presidential candidate Myriam Bregman said on X (formerly Twitter): “What Bullrich announced is absolutely unconstitutional … The right to protest is the first of all rights.”

José Luis Espert, a legislator with Milei’s party, Liberty Advances, replied with a three-word phrase: “Prison or bullet.”
Lol.

Man, this whole Milei experiment is either going to fail completely, or turn Argentina into the wealthy country that it should be, with positive knock-on effects across the entire continent.

Lol.

Man, this whole Milei experiment is either going to fail completely, or turn Argentina into the wealthy country that it should be, with positive knock-on effects across the entire continent.
I feel it will be a huge failure as they are going about this in a very agressive unjust way towards the working and middle class but in the end the casta untouched

I don't understand how people can have any tolerance for protesters blocking of the roads.

I am strongly in favor of freedom of speech, but you cross a line when you intentionally block the road or destroy property in the name of whichever cause you are fighting for.

As far as I'm concerned, when you block a road, you have forfeited your life.

I don't understand how people can have any tolerance for protesters blocking of the roads.

I am strongly in favor of freedom of speech, but you cross a line when you intentionally block the road or destroy property in the name of whichever cause you are fighting for.

I would just stick with tear gas, water cannons and pepper spray. No bullets or lifes to be taken.

Death for someone who blocks the road? Rhetoric like this is why the Ks win. It makes the other side sound extreme.

We can have order and reasonable penalties -- the choice isn't -- a) let protestors block highways at will or b) forfeit your life when you block a road

Had the same idea, when working in capital federal, but then I met people without electricity for a month and other funny things, heard of much worse injustices and it seems the only resource some people have in this country.

Imagine you being in a tenth floor without elevator, water, fridge and ac with family in summer heat for a month. Tell me, what will you do..

Had the same idea, when working in capital federal, but then I met people without electricity for a month and other funny things, heard of much worse injustices and it seems the only resource some people have in this country.

Imagine you being in a tenth floor without elevator, water, fridge and ac with family in summer heat for a month. Tell me, what will you do..

You do realize that 100 billion humans lived on earth before the invention of "the elevator, indoor plumbing, the refrigerator and ac" right? What did all those people do?

Civilization gave us those things. We now expect them and demand them and considered in an 'injustice' when we don't get them. And when people don't get them, we allow people to engage in behavior that literally brings civilization to a halt.

of course your example, is very emotive. but the reality is that road blockages has become an accepted political tool used by manipulative power groups within society to get more power.

I say, 'no'.

Work for a better society, don't bring it to a halt by blocking the road.

Its just emotionally manipulative power games.

Back