Prison or bullet: new government promises harsh response to protest

You do realize that 100 billion humans lived on earth before the invention of "the elevator, indoor plumbing, the refrigerator and ac" right? What did all those people do?

Civilization gave us those things. We now expect them and demand them and considered in an 'injustice' when we don't get them. And when people don't get them, we allow people to engage in behavior that literally brings civilization to a halt.

of course your example, is very emotive. but the reality is that road blockages has become an accepted political tool used by manipulative power groups within society to get more power.

I say, 'no'.

Work for a better society, don't bring it to a halt by blocking the road.

Its just emotionally manipulative power games.
I say no too, but the fact was, they've got electricity back after closing the road. It was in 2014, so a lot changed since then and I wouldn't say it was used in any political way. There was kristina seating on the top back then.. Obviously we would all like issues solved in civil manner, but in Argentina this doesn't get you anywhere.

I get it here people see it differently, with a bit of external sight. It will for sure start by politicians, but I see people earning 200k, that doesn't get them through month, and eventually you'll get those on the streets as well. It'll be a bumpy ride for sure. I don't think police is anywhere near to be prepared for it...

You do realize that 100 billion humans lived on earth before the invention of "the elevator, indoor plumbing, the refrigerator and ac" right? What did all those people do?

Civilization gave us those things. We now expect them and demand them and considered in an 'injustice' when we don't get them. And when people don't get them, we allow people to engage in behavior that literally brings civilization to a halt.

of course your example, is very emotive. but the reality is that road blockages has become an accepted political tool used by manipulative power groups within society to get more power.

I say, 'no'.

Work for a better society, don't bring it to a halt by blocking the road.

Its just emotionally manipulative power games.
"Its just emotionally manipulative power games."

That's just another way of saying politics. I guess you're just unaware of the 'road-cutting' tactics during Occupy Wall Street in the USA.

going back to 2011 for examples probably isn't a good comparison

Those who are defending these comments do not complain when we go back to being a dictatorship with arrests from ford falcons and people dumped from helicopeters in the rio de la plata .

Those who are defending these comments do not complain when we go back to being a dictatorship with arrests from ford falcons and people dumped from helicopeters in the rio de la plata .

When the emotionally manipulative political hacks block the roads, do they care about the old woman who just had a heart attack and is being rushed to the hospital?

Do they care about the pregnant woman who is about to deliver a baby and stuck in road?

Do they care about the parents who are worrying that their child who still hasn't come home?

Do they worry about the customer who is sweltering in the heat because the AC repairment missed his appointment?

These narcissistic, self absorbed, evil people don't care about the people they are hurting; and yet we are supposed to care about whatever cause they deem more important than their victims livelihoods.

If you care about the lives of these manipulative political hacks, if you are worried that they will get thrown out of planes, then I have a simple course of action for you:

Instead of coming on here and wagging your finger in the face of the good people on this forum, maybe you spend your time warning the political hacks to stay out of the road.

Archived version
According to this article with the misleading click bait headline, neither Milei nor Bullrich said anything about bullets. So before the Milei Derangement Syndrome takes hold, how about opine on what is actually said by the ones creating and implementing the new policies regarding how to handle the protests. I for one think it's a great idea for anyone participating in illegal activities to be billed for the cost associated with those activities.

According to this article with the misleading click bait headline, neither Milei nor Bullrich said anything about bullets. So before the Milei Derangement Syndrome takes hold, how about opine on what is actually said by the ones creating and implementing the new policies regarding how to handle the protests. I for one think it's a great idea for anyone participating in illegal activities to be billed for the cost associated with those activities.

Wwwwwut?

You mean the writers and editors aren't upholding journalistic standards of fairness and aren't presenting the new president in a truthful manner?

Shocking! Shocking! that emotionally manipulative leftists at the newspaper would lie to make the president look bad.

Wwwwwut?

You mean the writers and editors aren't upholding journalistic standards of fairness and aren't presenting the new president in a truthful manner?

Shocking! Shocking! that emotionally manipulative leftists at the newspaper would lie to make the president look bad.
It was Espert who said Prison or Bullet. The sentiment is there, that's not a lie. It isn't emotionally manipulative, it's a quote. Just because Milei wasn't the one to say it doesn't disqualify the quote or the headline.

Back