Prison or bullet: new government promises harsh response to protest

It was Espert who said Prison or Bullet. The sentiment is there, that's not a lie. It isn't emotionally manipulative, it's a quote. Just because Milei wasn't the one to say it doesn't disqualify the quote or the headline.

Fair. I retract my last comment.

It actually ended rather well, thanks for asking. The city of NY lost in court and was ordered to pay lotsa $$$ to the protestors. But I guess you knew that as you seem to want to appear to be knowledgeable and up-to-date on what goes on worldwide.
Not as much as you obviously want to appear to be. Not by a long shot.

I comment where see something that I think might be useful or amusing to to comment upon. You're looking for every opportunity for self-promotion, including your silly articles. It's laughable. I had no intention of saying anything about that, until you decided to open the door with your nasty and off-the-point comment.

Are they still cutting the streets in NYC? No, I didn't think so.

Last edited:
Not as much as you obviously want to appear to be. Not by a long shot.

I comment where see something that I think might be useful or amusing to to comment upon. You're looking for every opportunity for self-promotion, including your silly articles. It's laughable. I had no intention of saying anything about that, until you decided to open the door with your nasty and off-the-point comment.

Are they still cutting the streets in NYC? No, I didn't think so.
As of today, Tuesday, December 19, 2023, there are no major reports of protesters blocking roads in New York City. The most recent significant instances of road blockages by protesters in the city were in early November 2023, during demonstrations related to the Israel-Hamas conflict.

It's always advisable to stay informed about current events and traffic disruptions in your area, especially if you're planning to travel in the city. Here are some resources that you can check for updates:

• NYC Department of Transportation: The DOT provides real-time traffic updates and advisories on its website and social media channels. You can also sign up for email alerts for specific areas or travel routes.
  • Waze: This popular navigation app crowdsources traffic data from users, so it can provide real-time information about accidents, road closures, and other disruptions.
  • Local news outlets: Major news outlets like the New York Times, CBS New York, and NY1 often report on traffic disruptions and protests.

I hope this information helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

BTW, I get paid and paid well for "silly" articles.

drama queens. nyc is not the same culture and uses different ways to control the public. buenos arires has a history way different than nyc. too much speculation for me. peace out

drama queens. nyc is not the same culture and uses different ways to control the public. buenos arires has a history way different than nyc. too much speculation for me. peace out
Everything I love about baexpats! Another know-it-all! And one who delivers hit-and-run insults! And surely someone from Massachusetts couldn't possibly know how things work in NYC. Thanks for stopping by.

So far more than 5000 denuncias from recipients of social plans, saying that neighborhood leaders of these "social movements" are threatening them with the cancellation of their social plan payments if they do not attend the march or otherwise send them "fines" for non-attendance.

Unfortunately in Argentina politics is not always as simple as it may seem (e.g. "poor" versus "rich") Here the impoverished are flat-out abused, extorted and manipulated through threats of violence to "support" political movements that are designed to act as intermediaries between the state and the individual (e.g. make the middlemen and those they "work" for rich) by receiving the payments made by the government to distribute to those in their communities.

Unfortunately in Argentina politics is not always as simple as it may seem (e.g. "poor" versus "rich") Here the impoverished are flat-out abused, extorted and manipulated through threats of violence

Even the poorest of the poor cartoneros have to pay on a tax on their meagre earnings to the local thugs or so im told

Back