Prison or bullet: new government promises harsh response to protest

According to this article with the misleading click bait headline, neither Milei nor Bullrich said anything about bullets. So before the Milei Derangement Syndrome takes hold, how about opine on what is actually said by the ones creating and implementing the new policies regarding how to handle the protests. I for one think it's a great idea for anyone participating in illegal activities to be billed for the cost associated with those activities.

there is a thread already on the forum about the author Uki Goñi articles on Guardian.

And to think this guy complained about political hatred which he is now practising promoting his extremely biased coverage on milei in the internal press. (https://twitter.com/ukigoni)

I don't understand how people can have any tolerance for protesters blocking of the roads.

I am strongly in favor of freedom of speech, but you cross a line when you intentionally block the road or destroy property in the name of whichever cause you are fighting for.

As far as I'm concerned, when you block a road, you have forfeited your life.
Utter hatred of life on display. Very difficult to conceive that someone like you actually exists and isn't a straw man account created by the opposition

Utter hatred of life on display. Very difficult to conceive that someone like you actually exists and isn't a straw man account created by the opposition

When protesters block the roads, ambulances get stuck in traffic jams and car accidents are more likely to occur.

This is a public hazard. People die.

You are literally defending the right of protesters to engage in harmful activity that can kill innocent people.

We have strict laws against drunk driving, not out of hatred of people who want to have a good time and drink; but out of compassion for the innocent victims of drunk drivers.

Sir, it is not my hatred that is on display, but rather, my compassion for life. Compassion for the innocent victims of the traffic blocking protesters. All for some silly political kabuki theater.

I would proffer that what is actually being displayed in this thread is some people's inability or unwillingness to consider the harmful side effects of lawless public disorder.

I think most protesters, in general, would gladly make way for ambulances. Don't be obtuse.
and most drunk drivers would gladly not hit other cars, if they could help it, but they do anyways!

When protesters block the streets, traffic gets backed up from kilometers on streets beyond the immediate cognition of street protesters.

It is the unintended consequences that causes social harm that can kill people.

This is not a matter of me being obtuse, this is, again, a case of people on this thread not having the ability to see the big picture.

Had the same idea, when working in capital federal, but then I met people without electricity for a month and other funny things, heard of much worse injustices and it seems the only resource some people have in this country.

Imagine you being in a tenth floor without elevator, water, fridge and ac with family in summer heat for a month. Tell me, what will you do..

Death for someone who blocks the road? Rhetoric like this is why the Ks win. It makes the other side sound extreme.

We can have order and reasonable penalties -- the choice isn't -- a) let protestors block highways at will or b) forfeit your life when you block a road

Alright. You have convinced me with your reasonable reply.

I've moderated my early position which was: "life in prison" (which is what I meant when I said "forfeits their life") to now supporting Milei's "up to 6 years in prison".

Hopefully everyone on all sides can agree with yours and Milei's sensible approach.

Back