private English students

michaelk

Registered
Hi - anybody have an idea of the going rates charged for private English classes?

Many thanks

Michael

no but we need to know as well. Meeting with one this afternoon to interview and find out as well. Also, could we expect discounts for a couple or long term or cash etc, etc.

If you can get 30 pesos per hour, you will be doing well. Back in the old days ( early-mid 90's) when the currency was pegged to the dollar at 1 to 1, one could earn the equivalent of 20-25 US dollars per hour for private classes. Those days are long gone. I was able to live well working part-time and even save back then. Don't expect to live too well here teaching English unless you are willing to run yourself ragged.

Are we a little confused here - Are we looking for English classes, or Spanish classes,

OR

To Teach English classes?

Liam3494 said:
Are we a little confused here - Are we looking for English classes, or Spanish classes,

OR

To Teach English classes?
yeah I thought the same as you Liam:rolleyes:

Cheers. Nope not confused, just looking to teach private english classes. That's why I'm trying to get an idea of what is charged.

If it's about 30 pesos an hour it doesn't seem much of a mark up on some of the classes I've been offered at language institutions. Shame.

ok now I uderstand.I charge 40 pesos per hour in San Isidro and a little less in less well off areas.suerte

Yep, I charge according to the individuals circumstances. However, I live outside the Capital, so the rates are generally lower - average 25 per hour - But it's not my main source of income, and I don't need it to live here.

I charge $45 per hour for classes in companies, $40 for private classes in my home and theirs for international exam preparation (IELTS, TOEFL, FCE etc) and $35 for conversation classes. Institutes are now paying staff $30 - $35 per hour for teachers - so students at institutes are being charged $50 per hour (more or less)

I have a couple of students on my waiting list. They have contacted me several times, but I just don't have space in my schedule to teach them right now. But they are keen to start. If any teachers are interested, send me a PM and I will send on their details for you to contact them and start teaching.

Back