Probably a very stupid question but...

Batigol

Registered
So I came here on May 5...which means my 3 months expires on Aug 5...and if I'm still around at that time (long story), I was gonna extend my tourist visa by another three months.

HOWEVER...

My friend from Australia is coming to visit me next week, and we were thinking of going to Colonia for a (half) day. Now, say we do that on July 6 for example, will I get a new visa then, meaning that my second (and final, legally speaking) three months will end a month earlier than it would have otherwise? I'm assuming yes, but is there a way I can ask them to extend it from the original date that the first three months would have ended, if that makes sense?

Basically I'm wondering if it's worth visiting Colonia for a few hours if it means I potentially have one month less to stay here later (legally).

Hi, I’m assuming that you don’t actually require a visa, and that by “visa” you refer to the stamp you received in your passport upon entry to Argentina.

Each and every time you re-enter the country, you get 90 days. If you go again on July 6, you get 3 months AGAIN. You can then, if you choose, apply to extend that later stay by 3 more months.

Once you’ve gotten the extension (or prorroga), any subsequent short exit will *not* reset the clock and give you a new 90 days here. The 90 days will keep ticking down from the day when your extension was granted.

Hope this helps.

Hi, I’m assuming that you don’t actually require a visa, and that by “visa” you refer to the stamp you received in your passport upon entry to Argentina.

Each and every time you re-enter the country, you get 90 days. If you go again on July 6, you get 3 months AGAIN. You can then, if you choose, apply to extend that later stay by 3 more months.

Once you’ve gotten the extension (or prorroga), any subsequent short exit will *not* reset the clock and give you a new 90 days here. The 90 days will keep ticking down from the day when your extension was granted.

Hope this helps.

You assume correctly.

Thanks for that, makes it all much clearer.

Also notice 90 days expire Aug 4, not Aug 5.
90 days, not 3 months.

Good point, thanks.

Back