Probably not the right section to ask this...

afretes

Registered
Where and what is considered the driest climate in Argentina? I'm getting mixed information; Cordoba, Salta, Mendoza, San Juan, etc.
My wife suffers from severe arthritis, and this weather is beneficial for her.

TIA

Mendoza is also very dry. I would say all along the Andes from Mendoza to Jujuy, excluding some green pockets like Yungas in Salta/Jujuy.
Córdoba has always been regarded as dry and to have a healthy climate. That is why the family of Che Guevara moved there, as he had a bd asthma as a child (they lived in Alta Gracia, Córdoba). Not far away, the area around Merlo (San Luis province) is famous across Argentina for having a benign climate.

I've been to mendoza and cordoba and I would vote that mendoza is dryer. Amargo is correct in that che was is cordoba because of an asthma problem and I would choose that city over mendoza (both very nice).
The general explanation I've heard is that the higher the andes and the farther from the argentina coast... the drier it is. Weather from pacific can't get over the andes at it's highest points and weather can't get far enough west from the coast.

La Pampa Province is very dry but also has the highest suicide rate in the country... so I also vote for Mendoza!

afretes said:
Where and what is considered the driest climate in Argentina? I'm getting mixed information; Cordoba, Salta, Mendoza, San Juan, etc.
My wife suffers from severe arthritis, and this weather is beneficial for her.

TIA
just a quick note to suggest olive leaf extract to battle the arthritis

Back